Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Gon's BS-11 for my daughter (US 2.0 w/ P4 white)

Default Jay Gon's BS-11 for my daughter (US 2.0 w/ P4 white)

I built this one for my daughter to use with her Jedi Padawan outfit when she dresses up with me for the charity events we do with the local 501st and Rebel Legions.

Actually, I really just put it together, Airsoftmode, or Saberforge actually made the hilt and I did the brass sleeve and assembly. So, here's how it turned out:

I'm not wild about the switch, as it looks out of place on this one....it is one that I modified over at FX-Sabers.com to install a mini-tactile momentary into the original click on/off switch. It works, and I haven't had the board lock up too much on me, but it just doesn't look good. I have a new bezel nut ordered, we'll see what it looks like with one of those on it instead of the plastic one. I might try to modify one of my metal push buttons in a similar fashion and use one of those instead.

Power is supplied from two Li-ion Trustfire batteries from the store here at TCSS, as well as the battery holder, and recharge port. Sound and light are provided by an Ultrasound 2.0, and the led is, I believe, a Seoul P4 white. I added a filter to the lens to get the color she desired:

The blade is one of my Dual-Core Diffusion types, and is 36" in length.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 12-09-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I've gotta know where to find those brass pipes! You make all your sabers look so nice with them. Are they decromed or did they come that way?

"Absolutely not. You're not going to the dark side on my watch. Do it on Luke's."
    ―Corran Horn, to Tahiri Veila

A great way to personalise and customise that hilt. I'm sure your daughter will love it.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

I want a blade holder that looks like that it so cool with that silver and brass and the pink blade
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Jedi View Post
    I've gotta know where to find those brass pipes! You make all your sabers look so nice with them. Are they decromed or did they come that way?
    I get them already polished brass from here:

http://www.signaturehardware.com/class307

You will have to any hilt parts that will fit inside machined to 1.43" to fit them though, as they are commercial grade and 20 ga. rather than the 22 ga. the MHS parts are designed to fit.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

i like the saber another great one! although like you im not sure about the button being placed there................
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Quote Originally Posted by astromech_kuhns View Post
    i like the saber another great one! although like you im not sure about the button being placed there................
    It's not the placement that I'm not thrilled with, it's how it looks that I don't like...the black plastic just looks out of place on it.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-27-2009 at 08:02 PM.

well imo the placement bothers me.....then again im picky about my switches postions.........................
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Quote Originally Posted by astromech_kuhns View Post
    well imo the placement bothers me.....then again im picky about my switches postions.........................

Well, it's a good thing it's not for you, then!

It's actually right between the hands if you use a double handed grip style like she does....