Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LDM's Anakin ROTS conversion (MR sound, III royal blue)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Yeah, he said it took him an hour to do that conversion.

69 minutes to be exact (I may have done 1 or 10 of them!) Now for the value-added content in this thread. I had a few folks ask me HOW to do this conversion WITHOUT a kit. I did a little video tut...

Here is the LINKY

Something i forgot to mention in the video, (although I said it in the original tut), make sure to line up your switch hole before you tape the two pieces back together.

Anyone who thinks I made this whole conversion idea up on the fly just say so...maybe I did and maybe I did...Muuuahahahahhahaha!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I think you made it up on the fly cause I almost thought of the same thing. I was trying some fittings that didn't work, but your tutorial cleared up the reasons why. Thanks, I can't wait to give it a shot.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I modded another technique on the fly (technically!) But it WILL work (and well)
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Uh, I have a problem. I have the correct pieces to mount, but when I try to place the sound module under the heat sink, the heat sink hits the MR sound board, preventing it from sliding into position. I'll take pics and edit them into this post in a couple minutes here.

EDIT: Okay, here's the problem.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...roblemvid1.flv
    http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...roblemvid2.flv

Image: http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4/IMG_6444.jpg Sorry for the blurryness.
    Last edited by Mandalorian; 12-09-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

oops, I thought of this potential problem last night (aftersight is 20/20). I'll do a vid to show you how to fix it (it is still easy, just need to add 1 small step)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    (aftersight is 20/20)
    Same here.

I'll do a vid to show you how to fix it (it is still easy, just need to add 1 small step)
    Cool. I'll be waiting.

some pics of the saber...Man i love it

a vid is on the way just have to find the camera
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking

Rock on bro it looks awesome (your camera is better than mine!) I'm stoked that you love it!

Rock on bro it looks awesome (your camera is better than mine!) I'm stoked that you love it!
    it was taken with the camera phone on a LG EnV 2 lol...
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    it was taken with the camera phone on a LG EnV 2 lol...

LMFAO, I used a 8.2 mp kodak easyshare. I will reword my post, you just take way better pix than me!