Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LDM's Anakin ROTS conversion (MR sound, III royal blue)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking LDM's Anakin ROTS conversion (MR sound, III royal blue)

MR anakin I converted with a lux III royal blue for sekrogue1985 at TCSS.

I have included a tutorial to help some of you more "intermediate" folks! :011:

Video:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=100_0024.flv

finished saber:

Mini tutorial:

After the saber is disassembled, remember that when using a TCSS kit that the internal structure of the electronics module must be modified or the soundboard cradle will be loose. I cut a PVC spacer (with notches to fit nocely with the soundboard cradle) to maintain the length of the entire assembly once the TCSS blade holder replaces the stock plastic POS.

Please, please learn to solder well (don't glop it on!) and always use heatshrink! This is the MR wiring harness connected to the LED.

Here are my 3 pieces for the entire internal assembly (all soldering and heatshrinking is finished.

Always test to make sure it works BEFORE you put it back together!

Here are the 3 pieces connected. I used the existing masking tape to connect the PVC spacer to the soundboard cradle (analagous to how it is connected in the original saber)then I used High temp hot glue to connect the spacer to the TCSS kit and voila a solid module that can slide directly into the hilt.

A note here, make sure to align the switch hole on the soundboard cradle with where it will meet the hole in your hilt BEFORE you hot glue the final pieces together!

To re-use the stock "buttons" you will need to modify them by cutting "semilunar" grooves directly into the plastic. Both of them should look like this:

You will also need to use 10-32 screws to attach them (you can cut longer screws down and you will need to widen the holes in the button assemblies themselves)

Hotglue the "gold" caps over the new screws and you be fin!

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

yay can't wait to get it
    ...YUP!

Nice work. I wish I could get my hands on one of those blade holders. I'm getting ready to convert an Anakin myself, but Tim doesn't have an ETA for more blade holders.

*forgive me Tim if this is inappropriate*

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...b+bags&page=17

there are some "scratch and dent or imperfect ones" for trade in that thread. I dont have an anakin saber to see if they dont line up right or why Tim considered them grab bag material.

I <3 Mako

Hope you put some of these on there...
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Se...pins--P87.aspx

"Absolutely not. You're not going to the dark side on my watch. Do it on Luke's."
    ―Corran Horn, to Tahiri Veila

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I didn't, but sekrogue1985 may choose to. It looks cool either way!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Does anyone know when these kits will be back in stock? I haven't seen any ETA posted. I need one before christmas, or a way to just use the stock plastic blade holder.

Guess this will take some more research.

I've already dissassembled the whole thing, but don't know where to go from there without a kit.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Mandalorian, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Jedi View Post
    Hope you put some of these on there...
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Se...pins--P87.aspx
    I really like it without the pins but we'll see what i decide once i get it
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Mandalorian, PM me.
    PM sent.