Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just when you think you've built your last...

Default Just when you think you've built your last...

I started building this hilt after I ordered the pommel from Orbital Machining's most recent run. It's intended to be a busy looking hilt... no clean, simple lines. I designed it a bit different at first until I was looking at Corbin Das's Killer Penny. That's when I decided to put the choke in the middle of the hilt. It's also why I mounted that small activation box at the bottom of the handle. Next step is to put together a setup for the US2.0. With all the extra room in the upper section I may build in a crystal chamber setup also for display times.

Last edited by B5813; 12-10-2008 at 11:09 PM.

That's really cool. I love the design and the colors flow perfectly. Great work.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I love this hilt. It is penny-esque (very high complement).
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default knob

thats every knob, gizmo and doo-hickey in the known universe

looks good
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

After looking closer at Mad Hatter's 10W saber I think I'm going to place a viewable crystal chamber on the backside of the ribbed extension like his. The red looks too cool glowing through that mesh screen.

You don't need to change a thing!

That is one freaking-super-uber-awesomesaber

And I've never said that before o_o

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

yeah, I feel you. i signed up on orbital's email list to hope fully get one, but I guess there is probably a decent back log. The saber looks great, I think just a little weathering to make it look used and it will be perfect. Nice work!