Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Force-FX Obi-Wan ROTS

I just rapped the entire emitter in thick rubber bands so I could get a good grip on it and it came off pretty quick without too much hassle. try it.

Thanks. I did have a very good grip with that non-slip rubber stuff but I still couldn't get it to move. I was thinking about heating it a bit but then I just decided to remove the switch control box. After that, it all came apart so I don't really want to take the emitter off now (no need).

Looking over the UFX manual, the MR FX had a set rod under the Emitter hence why 1 would have to remove it to disassemble the saber. Since Hasbro reworked(CHANGED) the design, it is now not necessary to do that and it is much easier to take apart. Here is the link to the UFX manual:

http://www.ultrasabers.com/v/fxdiy/obiwan.html

They have totally changed the design, check it out, and I don't think the old conversion kit will work anymore anyway. I hope they didn't cheapen all the sabers this way.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Yeah, I read the tutorial here before I began:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=5729

FYI, Ultrasabers is now using the Habro Obi-Wan FX on their pre-done conversions and they said their DIY kit would still work (see Ultrasabers on the FX-Sabers forum once they come back up).

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Good job bro, I have one waiting to be disassembled and this will save me some time! wohooooooo!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I just got my own Hasbro Obi-Wan ROTJ FX, and have been nervously contemplating dissecting it. Many thanks for this walk-through! EDIT: I mistakenly wrote "Luke" instead of Obi-Wan.
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 12-15-2008 at 06:13 PM.

So, has anyone confirmed whether or not the TCSS Obi-Wan ROTJ conversion kit will work with the Hasbro version? EDIT: I mistakenly wrote "Luke" instead of Obi-Wan.
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 12-15-2008 at 06:14 PM.

This is the Obi-Wan ROTS and may be totally different from the Luke ROTJ. I don't have any experience with the Luke ROTJ (even the MR).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    I just got my own Hasbro Luke ROTJ FX, and have been nervously contemplating dissecting it. Many thanks for this walk-through!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Diah View Post
    This is the Obi-Wan ROTS and may be totally different from the Luke ROTJ. I don't have any experience with the Luke ROTJ (even the MR).
    Sorry. I meant Obi-Wan. My brain was on a holiday.

Don't know about the TCSS kit but this thread says something about the Ultra kit:
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=14813.0

My guess is that if the Ultra kit works on both the MR and the Hasbro, then the TCSS kit should also. Can't confirm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    So, has anyone confirmed whether or not the TCSS Obi-Wan ROTJ conversion kit will work with the Hasbro version? EDIT: I mistakenly wrote "Luke" instead of Obi-Wan.