Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Force-FX Obi-Wan ROTS

Default Hasbro Force-FX Obi-Wan ROTS

I hope this is the right forum for this since it is similar to the MR.

Has anyone tried a conversion for the new Obi-Wan from Hasbro (Force FX)? It is different than the MR version (not using same old parts). I haven't gotten it apart yet because the emitter is screwed on so tight.

You might be the first person to take it apart and post photos of how it all transpires for you... that would be cool.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I almost pulled a muscle trying to unscrew the emitter last night. Even with grippy non slip stuff to hold it. It's still on tight. I'll get it though...

The standard Mr had glue on the threads holding the emitter in place, sounds like they over did it on the Hasbro 1's. Try using a solvent like WD-40 to melt/soften the glue, hope that helps.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Thanks for the insight. I tried some "Liquid Wrench" today but I'm still too weak to get it to move. I might need to use some kind of strap wrench or something with some additional leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    The standard Mr had glue on the threads holding the emitter in place, sounds like they over did it on the Hasbro 1's. Try using a solvent like WD-40 to melt/soften the glue, hope that helps.

Default New Obi-Wan disassembly (w/pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Diah View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I tried some "Liquid Wrench" today but I'm still too weak to get it to move. I might need to use some kind of strap wrench or something with some additional leverage.
    Sorry for the 2x post...

I'm too weak and don't have the right tools to unscrew that emitter so I decided to take off the switch box and see where that takes me. The switch plate came off really clean (no damage at all) and I took off the control box. There was a small phillips screw under the box that I also removed and then it looked like this:

Then I just slid off the whole outer lining (which is all metal btw):

I still couldn't get the emitter to move but then I realized that the whole blade was turning with the black plastic chassis inside. I pushed it out the pommel side and everything came out together:

What I ended up with was one solid plastic piece that held the blade and soundboard (not two pieces taped together). The only pin to tap out was the one holding the blade. It came out pretty easily. This chassis was glued together pretty well. It took some effort with a knife and small screwdriver to split it apart. Once it was opened the blade unplugged as usual:

Now all I need to do is get a blade holder (I'll probably get a TCSS Maul) and cut an equal amount of the plastic holder off.

I do have an Ultrasaber Anakin coversion (which is just a small cylinder with the led and reflector lens - no blade holder) that I could use if I'm impatient but then I'd be using the black plastic thing for a blade holder. I'll get the Maul just for the satisfaction of knowing the blade holder is solid metal.

Btw, the inner diameter is much smaller than an MR. No MR chassis parts can be used since they are bigger.

I also might make some cosmetic changes while it's apart and make it more like the original ANH Obi-Wan (I don't like the painted orange part just below the emitter).

I guess you don't have to unscrew the emitter after all...

ha, nice work man, I love straining and fighting, then finding that last screw or pin that you didnt know about, awesome pics too, thanks for the guide

I <3 Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Diah View Post
    I think even the MR Obi-wan's required a strap wrench to remove the emitters. They aren't intended to be removed, I guess!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Well, I guess the emitter DOES come off but I don't really have the motivation (or reason) to do it now.

Thanks. It was fun. Can't wait to finish it with a good LED. My converted Anakin (with the good TCSS bladeholder and royal blue Lux Rebel) is so bright. I might need to try out a new Cyan P4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeliphine View Post
    ha, nice work man, I love straining and fighting, then finding that last screw or pin that you didnt know about, awesome pics too, thanks for the guide

very interesting!
    ...YUP!