Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Graflex Saber building - updated 4/13/06

*like a child after storytime*

Awwwwwww. Will you read us more later Mr. Jonitus?

I think this is the first graflex repica I'm very willing to make. The other ones seem overly complex just to get to this stage. I think I still have some of that PVC lying around. How big's the piece? How far down the tube did you cut?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

The PVC band is approximately 2" long. The top section of the saber is 150 mm long. The bottom section (grip section) is a shade over 120 mm long. Each section of the saber goes half-way into the PVC midband. The standard ANH/ESB/ROTJ Graflex grips fit perfectly.

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I have some of the 160psi pipe that I will add to the site one of these days.
    Your way off Jonitus..its 1.45 not 1.44 that makes for a perfect fit sheesh [8D]

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

...ahh...but what's a hundreth of an inch between colleagues?[]

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?

Well, for my EL blade holder, the difference between removable for maintenance. And permanent.

Sorry Tim, mine was a little too big, had to "persuade" it to fit.
    And I can be pretty persuasive.

HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Well the pipes vary also. Typically the 1.45 slides just perfectly snug into my sink tubes. But, if you have any slight burrs or anything from screw holes it will make a big difference.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hmm, didn't know that. I'll have to be more careful then.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jonitus

The actual section of the LED/Blade Holder that stick away from the emitter will be polished to resemble the chrome finish of the tube.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Jonitus, how the polishing to get a chromed finish accomplished? Excellent tutorial, I've put it to good use already! Thanks again.

Randy

very cool tutorial...makes me want to make one myself

John "JD"
    SL/TK-7768

...now you see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb!

So, anything new thusfar Jonitus?

Connor, Murphy: And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii...
    [they **** their guns]
    Connor, Murphy: ...et spiritus sancti.
    [fires] -Boondock Saints