Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jedi order (non-canon costuming group)

ok so watchmen should be the like basically legion masters and stuff. the jedi watchman would lead a particular state or provinince. i think the grey jedi thing is kinda cool. we could have the founding mebers be the council and stuff.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

so with this comes orginization and responsibility. i think we should have basically legion masters. except the legion masters would be called jedi watchmen. i think the main founders of this should be the jedi council members. i think a ranking system would be a good idea. maybe being a youngling or so until joining with a costume your then a jedi initiate. after trooping once or twice (or jediing) you can become a padawan. after that the more you troop and contriute the more you gain rank and position. once you can be a great help and recource to the costuming group and you troop regularly you can become a council member or watchmen. just my 2 credits.

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Watchmen... You mean like a Sentinel?

sen·ti·nel (snt-nl)n. One that keeps guard; a sentry.

tr.v. sen·ti·neled or sen·ti·nelled, sen·ti·nel·ing or sen·ti·nel·ling, sen·ti·nels

To watch over as a guard.
    2. To provide with a guard.
    3. To post as a guard.

jedi watchman were jedi that looked over particular areas or systems and/or planets.

tutorial on ohms law!!!

Why just NJO jedi? Why not jedi from all eras that arent' cannon?? I don't have and NJO costume but I'd like to join.

he said he had called it njo because the idea and group were new. it will be for all eras not just one in particular.

tutorial on ohms law!!!

This sounds awesome! I had always wanted to join the 501st but I wasn't 18 and wasn't a huge fan of strictly cannon costumes.
    I'm still working on my character/costume ideas though.

I consider myself to be a grey jedi so sign me up!

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

I agree with the calls for some standards to be set. That would ensure the group achieves a minimum level of quality and doesn't get laughed at. It would still allow for variety and custom costumes, rather than having a group with half a dozen people dressed as the same character. Of course, for the 501st you want identical costumes for the clones and stormtroopers.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Not sure about an age limit. Rebel Legion doesn't allow minors from what they have said on their site "to to the informal nature of this club we cannot accept minors as members". Don't know why the 501st doesn't allow minors. It might be a legal thing but not sure.

I do think only accepting members that have finished costumes isn't a good idea, I don't have mine totally completed but would have liked to join the rebel legion. But that's just me.

I do think we should have four main catagories for jedi. NJO, RotE, Grey Jedi and KOTOR era jedi. That way all are covered. And the Grey Jedi could be in any era not just KOTOR.

Pro quality costumes may or may not be a requirement, though looking through the rebel legion member's costumes...not many are professional quality.

I do like the idea of calling leaders of each area Watchmen or Watchwomen. I think having a governing body of twelve top ranking members is a good idea too and they can be called the...wait for it...Jedi Council!