Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jedi order (non-canon costuming group)

I agree that the group should not be as hardcore as The Jedi Order. As much as I like the group, I get discouraged. It takes YEARS to get anywhere in the group. A few months back, half the members got banned for some reason (no need to get into it) and now there is only one Master with eleven Padawans. Basically, it's going to be a long time before anyone gets anywhere. With more Masters, that wouldn't be a problem because they can train multiple people at once. I also don't believe in using the same rank system of The Jedi Order, mostly because not everyone can do it.

I believe everyone should earn their place with whatever position is granted to them. I also like the idea of someone training someone else, weather its in their region, or it's just something simple like help with costuming, props, or even lightsabers.

The main problem some groups get is people with ego's. I've seen it at conventions, gatherings, even movie premiers. Someone has a great costume, better than most, and they have the attitude to go with it. If this is going to be a Jedi group, people should act the part. I understand that its a Jedi costuming group, but how good does it look when someone has a great costume, but talks like a sailor? It almost ruins it for me. It would make the group more professional if everyone looked the part, but also acted it while in costume. Just imagine how big this group could get, and just imagine even twenty people showing up for a big convention like Dragon*Con or ComicCon. How BA would it be? Now just imagine everyone from the group doing their own thing, no one caring what the others in the group are doing, half of them drunk, and the other half just flailing lightsabers around. It would be a joke. Thats where order and planning come in. As big as this group could get, it would need some serious planning.

I'm here for any advice or help you need.

well spoken we need to be acountable. but also when something like that happens thats when they need to be banned do to misbehavior. that is what gives groups bad names and nobody whants them back. we need order in our group but we still need to have fun.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Absolutely. Fun is the reason to make a costuming group. I don't know about banning...its a little harsh, but continued misbehavior shouldn't be tolerated.

well think of it this way.

we go to a event, a public event. like say the one i run at my local library. theres about of them lets say 5 members in costume. in front of all the kids. one sits there and is slipping words out that arent good for children to hear. just as simple as that. the parents would get mad and make a huge deal about it to the members wich make us look bad. then they librarian comes and finds out what happend. the librarian is then trying to solve it in fornt of everyone. the others sit there and this makes them look bad too. so after its said and doen there would have been a argument between one of our members the librarian and probably a couple of parents. when the event gets over i take some heat. some people dont return to out event and we look bad due to the fight and what soemone at our event said. the jedi costumers also look bad and wont be liked by a bunch of the parents. i then end up writing sorry letters. due to what happened the members are not to come back. i would much rather be able to argue them coming back with saying "im sorry this happened it was just the one that did it, he is going to be banned from our group due to his actions. i would ask that due to that fact that he will not be coming to any events anymore under our name that you allow the gorup to come back." rather than "well due to what happened he will get a warning and if it continues he will get in trouble and he been suspended. will you please let them come back?"

thats jsut my outlook.

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Red face

Any idea when the website will be up?
    Ive no idea how long these things take.

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

I agree with that, something like that should never happen, and if it did, harsh reprocussions should be taken.

I also think that members should KNOW not to do something like that. What I meant was different actions cause for different punishments. If someone is going to portray a Jedi, they should know what it means even before joining the group. There should be a set of rules before one joins, and the rules should be agreed on by Council members.

exactly i htink we shopuld be able to cunduct ourselves well.

tutorial on ohms law!!!

Drichar, all I can tell you is it's being worked on. Not sure when it'll be up and running but it will be ASAP.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

imho i dont think we should let the forums be open on the site until we get things decided on here. that way we keep from the other forum getting junked with ideas and stuff for getting it up and running. or if you want to go to the other site to continue this once we get the site up and going then make a section for getting started and ideas. like we only post in there to get ti started then when we get it all set in stone the thread could just be for ideas to improve. kinda like tims wishlist. ill try to get the PM sent tonight jaiden if i cant it probably will be tomorow. and are we sure all we want is light side jedi? i mean are we just sure about it?

tutorial on ohms law!!!

Id like to join but unfortunately (for this circumstance) Im a sith. But like my namesake Id like to cheat the dark side and regain my soul someday. looking forward to a sith club