Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jedi order (non-canon costuming group)

ya i need to get caught up big time. i haven't forgot about you all, i just have been busy with my astromech and also working and other things.

but i am going to work on my costume soon i am trying to learn to sew and i will be hopefully looking to buy my saber sometime soon. i got so many projects going on and with all the money i put into my droid i could have had a bunch of sabers by now, so its just if nothing comes along with those projects, then a saber it is.

is there a minimum age?
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Force Aware
    Force Aware

ranger, the members page will be coming.

astromech min age 18

so....the site has disappeared. is the Jedi collective over (I hope it's not) after the months of hype and 45 pages (So far).hopefully, this post will set up the rebirt of the collective (Though I doubt it)

The trouble is that very few people signed up once it was up and running. It seems that few people (dispite indications that the idea was a good one) could be bothered or didn't have the money to design a costume.

Hopefully it's just having a tune up and is off line but who knows eh.

It's a shame, I'd have love to read more character stories and seen more costumes.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I have to admit, the current economy has made my dream of participating in a group like this a pipedream for now. I have made several costumes in the past, but right now money is too tight. I do hope the group makes a come back though.

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Okay just to put light on the subject, TJC has closed...

...for now, it was'nt an easy decision for lex and myself to make, it just was'nt getting hardly any attention, we were not getting the applications we were expecting, and majority of the apps we were getting did'nt follow through and put in photo's of there costumes, we disscussed and tried out tons of different ways to boost interest, but nothing.

so as a result we decided it best to hold off for a while and not waste time and resourses on keeping up a site that is getting no interest.

but it is'nt over the site will be up and running again at some point in the near future, in on form or another. its just best to let people find there feet again after the recent global economy crisis, or whatever you want to call it.

anyway no more rambling, just thought i'd best explain what is actually going on and why you cant access the site anymore

thanks for the info Jaiden. got here recently. I started reading from post one and got interested really quickly, reading each post over the 45 pages, to find I was too late but I'm glad it may be up again soon(er or later)

Well, i've noticed a good bit of growth generally, so the markets are on the up. Maybe in afew months.

My problem is that my leathersmith has a two month waiting list on orders, and my belt isn't high priority as she is mainly a shoesmith. My belt will take as long as a pair of boots to make, and will onlky make her 1/3 of the cash. I have 10 on order, so that's gonna be a while.

And my tailor is working more hours at her actual job, so i'm kinda in limbo with the new costume at the mo.

Sorry to hear it's on hold, feel it'll be go to go in afew months.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Yeah, ummm. about the costume

I have yet to finish my saber. I have the rest of the parts in the mail and they should be here within the week. And I know to trust Strydur that it goes through. once that is done, I'll start working on a costume. I know I'm the one that brought it up, but I still don't even have the costume but I'll be working on it A.S.A.P.