Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jedi order (non-canon costuming group)

I love the sound of this group. I think its perfect. I very much like the freedom to do my own Jedi costumes and not just stuff that looks like the "typical" Jedi. In the movies, look at characters like Ki Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, Saesee Tiin, Luminara Unduli and many others. They had very different looks compared to other Jedi like Obi-Wan.

Quote Originally Posted by vamphunterx View Post
    ...They had very different looks compared to other Jedi like Obi-Wan.
    for some reason, the standard requirements for most groups are bascially that you have to look like Obi-Wan. when it comes down to it, there are actually alot of cannon Jedi that dont dress anything like that

thats kinda funny if you think about it, cannon characters dont meet the requirements to be part of cannon costuming groups

Just one of the many reasons why this group is needed. I'm having some trouble getting in touch with Jaiden at the moment so as of right now that is the cause for the delay. I hope all is well with him and hope to hear from him soon so we can move forward.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

I would look into having a corsec patche made.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    I would look into having a corsec patche made.
    Good idea, great actually. But they cost like 100.00 a pop. Anyone have a cheaper alternative, I was thinking of making a design on my comp, printing it onto adhesive paper and sticking it onto a round 3in pin.

Also, any ideas on what the corsec insignia looks like?
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

100$ for a patch???

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    100$ for a patch???
    Kinda my reaction, too... O_o;;
    The day may come when the courage of men fails...
    ...But it is not this day! This day – We FIGHT!

most embroidery shops charge large amounts for single patches. the price goes down per patch when you buy in bulk. so to get a cheap patch youd have to say buy 100 patches and then it would be around $5 to $10 a patch (just estimating) but thats about how it works

here is a link to a place i used before
    http://www.apparel2000.net/index.html

Maybe talk to the other corellians on the RL see if they want to go in for a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxus View Post
    most embroidery shops charge large amounts for single patches. the price goes down per patch when you buy in bulk. so to get a cheap patch youd have to say buy 100 patches and then it would be around $5 to $10 a patch (just estimating) but thats about how it works

here is a link to a place i used before
    http://www.apparel2000.net/index.html
    OH! See, I was thinking they were going to order for a group to begin with *headdesk* Yeah, one-offs are hideous expensive. I'm working on building a new group and looking at memorabilia stuff and the like... and it ain't cheapies BUt I knew that already. My budget just was too hopeful
    The day may come when the courage of men fails...
    ...But it is not this day! This day – We FIGHT!