Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jedi order (non-canon costuming group)

I will submit my application once I finish my costume/uniform.

The backstory I have, if you read it carefully, will have a lot of underlying tone, but if read over with a quick glance, will leave you thinking I was evil.

A thought for your page. When you accept new members, give them a spot for a profile on the main page, so they can post pictures and their backstory, instead of just going to the forums. You want to display the magnificance of your group without people having to go search for it.

Also, include what you expect from people as they apply:

To be in this group you must:
    Have a completed costume, lightsaber, backstory, etc.

This will allow people to craft what they need, and save you time from just shuffling through e-mails of members that you need things from.

Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by JVit; 07-04-2009 at 06:14 AM. Reason: spelling

there is a members profile section under construction for the website, and all the requirements are listed on the website already.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    there is a members profile section under construction for the website, and all the requirements are listed on the website already.
    What about my questions?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Join the forum there and find out for yourself.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Quote Originally Posted by Ravrohan View Post
    What about my questions?
    Have a look round, read this topic, go to the various costuming sites,

theres obviously ours which you have been asking about!

www.thejedicollective.com

theres also many others

www.thejediassembly.com
    www.501st.com
    www.rebellegion.com

have a look around you'll get the idea.

just remember one thing though, the main point of costuming is about having fun!

to further elaborate, the goal is to do events, charities, conventions and other such gatherings. None of these can be done without MEMBERS though. So as of now we are trying to build a decent size membership base so that we can do all those things that the other groups enjoy so much.

So to sum up, as of right now we are just a group of people with like minded interests. We hope in the near future to be able to make our presence felt in the costuming world and get out there and do some events. We will have various contests and the like within the group as we move along. Like right now, we have a referral program in place. If you are a member and refer another person for membership you can earn points towards promotions. As we grow prizes will become better as will the contests, but none of this can happen without a strong membership.

Thanks for the links I know about costuming groups, its apart of what we do in NJ Jedi. I was curious about yours in particular, but Darth Lex clears that up thank you.

I have a costume I'm working on and its nearly complete, I'm only really interested in the non cannon groups because I believe it lets someone express their full creativity. And my own costume looks like a cross between a jedi and a swashbuckler, and depending on who you ask it leans towards one more than the other but some may feel its not very star wars at all

Edit: Including links to my costume threads here.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=8461

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=8464
    Last edited by Ravrohan; 07-05-2009 at 03:12 PM.

AHHH, finally I've finished my jedi costume and lightsaber... http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=62605022

Soon I'll add close ups of my armor and saber. Hopefully better quality too. For now, my armor is 1/8" PVC Sintra and the saber is a lux k2, no sound or optical effects yet.
    Last edited by LordJaivus; 07-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravrohan View Post
    Thanks for the links I know about costuming groups, its apart of what we do in NJ Jedi. I was curious about yours in particular, but Darth Lex clears that up thank you.

I have a costume I'm working on and its nearly complete

Edit: Including links to my costume threads here.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=8461

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=8464
    Urrm Just thinking. An Ichigo Kurosaki (Hollowfied) mask????? Can we use that so of thing, might get some copyright issues!

I would look into that before using it as part of your costume.

I'm fairly certain unless he's in some way making money from using the mask, he won't need to worry about copyright laws.