Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Accent LEDs with a USv2?

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    I don't want to de-rail too much, but... Malik, if you're having a CF issue, I'd be glad to help: feel free to post in the CF sections, message me... and definitely give me a photo if you please...

And... hmm... to UN-derail... I hope everyone knows that you can get an accent LED with the Ultrasound boards that is "interesting" (instead of just constantly on) by tying it to the LED current... to get the flickering. You could even do more than one, or a bi-color or tri-color LED... or whatever. Even a motor!

The trick is... make sure you wire it correctly. Corbin taught me long ago, and of course so did Erv:

1. + of the "main" Luxeon or whatever.... splits to the new "indicator" LED as well

2. - of the new "indicator" LED to the battery source's negative... NOT the main LED's. I repeat, NOT the main LED's.

3. Resistor (that is correct given your battery setup and the LED indicator's fwd v and so forth)... which can be on either your positive or negative leg to this "new" LED... it doesn't matter.

Again, you could also do this with a motor. The motor would "mimic" the LED current as well... and work especially well if you get *JUST* the right resistor in there... or use a trim pot.
    Thanks nova there really wan't a problem. I just had to swich/upgrade my hilt to make it more nicer and "safer". Yay! now I can actually film/produce the fan film movies/series Tales Of The Modern Jedi (TOTMJ). I'm so excited. (might pm you on coreogoraphy type stuff! ) might make a misc. thread.
    Last edited by Count Malik; 12-14-2008 at 08:05 PM.