Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to install a activation box or clamp?

Default How to install a activation box or clamp?

So my main question is how do you install a activation box or a clamp on a MHS hilt?

my guess would be sliding it over then screws. but im not sure so dont take my word completely.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

simplest is jbweld or screws.
    if you wanna get complex and have electronics you gotta use your imagination. heres the one Im working on for my saber for a US board. this is my first saber, and most all my ideas were adapted from ones ive seen here on the forums

I dremeled out the bottom of the act box, the box panel, and through the shroud for the switch wires to feed into the hole I dremeled out of the ribbed section of the hilt. the shroud slides on to the ribbed section that has screw holes to hold it in place. I made a panel for the box that'll be jbwelded together, and the panel has corresponding holes that meet the shroud and ribbed section holes. I did this so I could easily remove the box and switches if need be

here it is together

the front panel hole will have a small tactile switch for the board functions. and the back panel hole will have a master kill slider switch. the two panels are held to the box with 2 screws on either side going through both panels and into the box

after its painted and the switches are wires and spot glued into place ill inject hot glue into the bottom of the box through the wire hole so it'll be solid inside then attach the wires to the ones in the hilt and screw the panel on
    Last edited by sithlordfaust; 12-04-2008 at 12:41 AM.

in my opinion screwing it down would seem like the bettler option if you were going to use it for things other than display. if you want it on display either works i guess. just MHO
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

sithlordfaust, now that is a great contribution! very well done
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Thatīs a really nice activation box, sithlordfaust, I like it a lot...

I disided I'm not gonna do a clamp on my/newiest saber. (would of got in the way to much! LOL!)
    Last edited by Count Malik; 12-11-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

No go. There's a thingy in your linky. Take it out and it works.

Nice looking blade. Got any close ups of the hilt under normal light?