Thread: random question involving lightsaber and the airport

Default random question involving lightsaber and the airport

so my cousin and i were talking about the big family get together this year and the fact that he wants to bring his lightsaber with him to finally show me. He has to fly here so the question to be answered here is do you think it'd be safe to bring his saber with him as a carry on because checking is out of the question. Has anyone ever actaully traveled with their saber, if so what did you do with it. ANywho just curious.
    ...YUP!

I would heavily advise having him put it in checked baggage.
    Metal device + batteries + electronic boards = some jackass calling for a cavity search.

Someone was stopped from taking a flight for wearing an Optimus Prime t-shirt because it had a PICTURE of a gun! Take no chances with idiots!
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Might also help to put a label with it that says "Star Wars Costume Prop", I think that's what 501st and Rebel Legion people do with their ligthsabers and blaster, when they fly with them.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I'm glad someone asked this question 'cause I've wondered the same thing. Just in case I fly to a convention or something.

I would go with Loreen's idea and also would not keep batteries in the hilt. Do anything and everything you can to convince them it's not a weapon of terrorism. I swear they are such idiots!
    I packed a zippo lighter, the kind with the wick, as in not under pressure danger of exploding kind of lighter. But guess what, they took it out of my bag without me knowing and now I have no nice lighter. It was in a checked bag mind you.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Pack and label it well and declare it. You do not want the kind of trouble that an aluminum tube full of electronics will get you from the trigger happy asshats at the TSA

Possibly better still would be to ship it FedEx with plenty of insurance so it's waiting for you there or arrives shortly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbat View Post
    Pack and label it well and declare it. You do not want the kind of trouble that an aluminum tube full of electronics will get you from the trigger happy asshats at the TSA

Possibly better still would be to ship it FedEx with plenty of insurance so it's waiting for you there or arrives shortly thereafter.
    lolness I work for fedex and even if you insure it i can tell you for a fact at some point in time someone or something is gonna do something stupid with it. it could be marked with fragile and by monkey i tell ya we would still throw it into the truck or stack it on the bottom of the row. yeah...lolness to it all
    ...YUP!