Thread: 2005 Vader Hasbro and LED?

Default 2005 Vader Hasbro and LED?

I have this Vader Hasbro saber electronics, which I intend to use for the saber I have under way and I've been wondering a couple of things:
    - The original toy's supposed to work with two AA batteries, is there some kind of risk I fry the board if I use a 3.7v battery (li-ion)?
    - For a newbie like me, it looks like the current goes directly from the batteries to the leds (they are soldered to their own board), so does it mean that these two wires' tension is whatever the battery deliver?

In case it's useful to know which board I'm talking about, the box says it's a 2005 Hasbro copyright, the blade must be drawn by hand and it has both clash and move sound effects.

Thanks

A single Li-Ion would be fine with that board. It can handle up to 6 volts. You would probably only be able to run a Luxeon III led with it, though.

There are some threads around here somewhere that show how people have used those, so do some digging , and you'll probably find more information on that board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.