Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: help new at this

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Where's the popcorn smiley when you need it?

Ive yet to see anyone be really RUDE to a noob on this site.Short, yes. testy definately but not really rude concidering the nature of the hobby.it is a DIY site and all. although... I do think it would be cool if there was a thread board whatever for understanding "Masters" to take on "padawans" and explain and show em a few of the ropes, but youd still have to direct noobs to it anyway.
    Its a good thing Judgesabersmith isnt really found til youve kinda broken your cherry. I was reading over there and they can get nasty..lol

This is rediculous. Why can't a n00b ask a question without getting killed for it? Remember Jedi-Loreen, you were a n00b once too. And I'm sure that someone DID "Hold your hand".

Welcome Suckapunch.

Winning the fight isn't everything. It's the only thing, and you have two options- TapouT or PassouT.
    Official Saber Concepts Saber Designer

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Eastern....

Here you go bud,

sithlordfaust: We sort of have that going right now. All the experienced members have links in their signatures to the main "newbie help" threads. On that note, I need to add LDM's tutorial...

mmafighter: That's not true. J-Lo was around before most of us dreamed of building a LED saber. She made the first EL blade tutorial. She sourced a ton of different suppliers for all the blade materials. On her own, might I add.

But we're getting a way from the point of the topic now
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 11-30-2008 at 08:08 PM.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

wow... hand holding? I mean isnt a forum a place to get informed? hang out and talk with people of like minds? we all started at the same place.. where did the superiority complex start to be mandatory here?

maybe links to the stuff he is to read.. or how about just ignoring the post all together..

it takes the same or less time to be helpful.. then to be non-helpful..

may as well just not post ANYTHING..

on a side note.. I think judgesabersmiths forum is great.. they get 'nasty' cause all know each other more or less.. and they are very helpful if you want serious help..

real (helpful) responses to real questions..

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I'm going to have to join the side that is defending J-Lo here. I thought that her response was not even a little rude. She welcomed the guy and suggested that he do some reading and get informed.

Sheesh, some people can be so sensitive.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I also feel as though J-Lo was rather cordial. What on earth is going on in this thread??? He's lucky I didn't answer him first. Those of you casting insults do realize that not every new person here gets flamed...I never got flamed when I started posting and as a matter of fact I really enjoyed the constructive interaction early on. What I have noticed is that an increasingly predominate majority of the new folks are simply walking in and expecting to be spoon fed.

A note to the n00bs: When you join, we all know that you are new, but take some time and look for the information that you want. We don't necessarily expect that you will understand it completely, but it will be obvious that you are making an effort. This site is well organized, heck you don't even need the search feature, just look at the friggin index and use your mouse to click away! I will bet one month of salary (mine Vs. yours) that you will find the folks here to be VERY accomodating if you just make the effort!

***edit***P.s.- JSS.com is for folks who are self motivated and we discuss things at length and help each other out frequently, (we also have a lighthearted good time as well) but don't bring weak uneducated opinions there or you will get disemboweled (seriously!)
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 11-30-2008 at 08:42 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Guys, I think you took Dajo's statement too seriously. I think he was just kidding around since before, noobs werent treated as nicely.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No, I don't believe that he was kidding.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Well if he wasnt, then that was rude of him, since, nothing you said was rude at all.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.