Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

I only have one. I haven't tested it yet though. I sure hope its a "good" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cade View Post
    I’m using brand new fresh and tested batteries. I tried 6 volts with a lux 3 and 9 volts with a lux 5, both with different battery holders and I get the same thing. After playing with it a while and cycling through a couple hundred times, I can get through the menu, but not without it shutting down somewhere along the way. Then your back to playing the disconnecting the battery game again.

It’s really erratic.

I have 2 more and I'll test them also.

Well that excitement was short lived, guess there is more waiting in all of our futures.

I've got 2 more coming to me this week for installs, so I can test those, but it's not looking good.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Hey guys.....mine is doing the same thing but I found the trick fix for mine. If I slowly fed the last battery in to the holder, it wouldn't boot up. If I snap it in really fast, it boots up fine.....but only once every 30 secs or so....like a safety to keep it from booting up too frequently.

Also, the solder pads are pretty close together. Its gonna be really easy for someone that doesn't have a decent amount of skill and a really pointed tip to bridge the connections.

I haven't had a chance to test mine out yet, just got home from work, but as the others have said "THIS IS NOT SOUNDING TO GOOD".

Does anybody have a figure on how many were made?

The percentage of failure should be less than 1% per 100 made and Tim did say he was going to test them before he sent them out, or did I not read it correctly?

I will test mine out tomorrow and report back
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Samething here as well, a new switch, Tcss speaker. I'm running at 6v at the moment its very finnicky I'v also notice that the red-o settings a little dim compared to a dual buck setup I've put in K mode and it worked alot better. I dunno but I did have shut down problems. I think if the board lose the slightest glitch from the power source it shut down and go into a safe mode for a few seconds that my guess
    Sith Happens

tried it with a 4.8v battery pack, got a static sound, then nothing, thinking maybe the pack is dead I'm charging up a 6 volt 4xAAA pack to try that... if these bomb again I will be very irritated.

US 1.0 had issues when it came out as well

I'm just waiting to hear something from Ultra or Tyranus from FX-sabers I know they are both doing quite a few installs for customers and I want to know if they have the same issues.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

I'm seeing intermittant issues on one of the two boards I recieved, at the moment I'm looking at the chip programing as the issue, it boots up only some of the time, and the menu appears to be unavailable.

PS: I have yet to test the second board...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    Does anybody have a figure on how many were made?

The percentage of failure should be less than 1% per 100 made and Tim did say he was going to test them before he sent them out, or did I not read it correctly?

500 boards were made. That means...what...5 defective total? That means we've already reached that marker just with the guys in this thread
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!