Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

Another little hiccup I found was while I was just sitting here watching your video…the board just turned itself on all by itself….Kinda made me jump there a sec…lol

It’s been sitting for about 2 hours in the off position. I checked the batteries afterwards…5.83 volts…Sorry to keep adding to the ever-growing list, but I figure it’s better you know what’s happening.

I do appreciate the video, especially on Thanksgiving.

Did you ever try standard Duracell’s (coppertops) in any of your tests?

This is what I have been using for some of my testing and I have had a kill switch in line on the battery. And un-like in the video, it won’t boot up right away when using the switch.

Averages, 5-6 tries

Spontaneous turn on, eh? I'll keep an eye out for that one. I usually take the batteries out of my Graflex if it's going to sit for that long since the board still draws power when asleep.

As for your kill switch, have you tried just creating a gap in the holder for a few secs like I did in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cade View Post
    the board just turned itself on all by itself….Kinda made me jump there a sec…lol

It’s been sitting for about 2 hours in the off position.

I do appreciate the video, especially on Thanksgiving.

Did you ever try standard Duracell’s (coppertops) in any of your tests?

This is what I have been using for some of my testing and I have had a kill switch in line on the battery. And un-like in the video, it won’t boot up right away when using the switch.

Averages, 5-6 tries
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Well to report back after watching the video, well at first it seemed to work, went from dead to finally having the boot sound coming up, that was a nice sign. But then once I went to turn it on, the sounds went crazy when clash lock was turned on and then the board went dead. So far doing what the video said, all I get now is static from the speaker when the batteries are in.
    twitch.tv/sigfreda

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    i like to spam...

We have more ultrafires on the way which should be here next week. We will also have the new battery/speaker combo which also allows the US to stack on top of next week. This means you get speaker/batteries/sound all in a little over the length of a AA..it works very nice.
    sounds cool
    any pics ....Just wondering if I should wait any longer to build

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSWG View Post
    As for your kill switch, have you tried just creating a gap in the holder for a few secs like I did in the video?

No, I have not done that, thinking the kill switch accomplished the same thing.

I will try it and let you know.

How about the standard Coppertops, ever try those in your testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cade View Post
    No, I have not done that, thinking the kill switch accomplished the same thing.

I will try it and let you know.

How about the standard Coppertops, ever try those in your testing?
    Not yet, bu if Rayovacs work, I don't see why Duracells would not.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post
    Well to report back after watching the video, well at first it seemed to work, went from dead to finally having the boot sound coming up, that was a nice sign. But then once I went to turn it on, the sounds went crazy when clash lock was turned on and then the board went dead. So far doing what the video said, all I get now is static from the speaker when the batteries are in.
    Tried better batteries?

Sounds like batteries were low.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post

What type of switch are you using?

That and your solder joints may need tightening.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

For mounting the long-plunger tactile push-buttons, I've used a length of blade tube to secure it in. You don't lose that space and if it's butted up against the battery pack it can be stable too.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...lt/tactile.jpg