Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

I hate to say it, but... this kind of issue would get the "thumbs down" response from me any old day of the week.

UGH.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all... and sorry to hear about the US v2 failures... it's sad... but... it appears to be a de facto thing going on that was not correctly researched and handled properly. *sigh*
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Yeah, got mine today and I'm getting the same problem as everyone else, not sensing the battery. I can get it to work, but it takes a few tries. Other than that, it is a wonderful board. Also, I wouldn't recommend overdriving a lux 3...mine started to smoke. Perfectly fine on it's normal setting though.

SMOKE???!?!?!?

What thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... ??!???!?!?!??!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Yeah, it happened. Certainly did everything right hehe.

I did another test with a 6v battery pack solid solder connections and I still have a few problem. I'm also getting when the board was set the sound would go into a frantic mode to where it had a bad stutter or if a cd was skiping real bad. I hope Ultra can pinpoint this and offer a solution.
    Sith Happens

...and how many boards went out? That is going to have to be a lot of recalled orders once all the angry people start sending all their emails...

I’m still playing with my first board, haven’t got to the others yet.

I’ve tried putting some bypass capacitors between the power and ground leads, thinking it could help with transient changes to the power supply voltage, but so far no luck.

It does help to install a on/off switch in one of the battery leads, especially when it wigs out and you can use the switch to feather the power back and forth until it feels like working again, instead on snapping batteries in and out.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sheeeeeet...

it sounds like intermittent power is a problem. I don't have one so could someone try any of these:

A) Direct power from a bench top power supply
    B) Failing that a charged battery pack and not battery holder and loose cells
    C) If you have some capacitors try putting some inline with the power. That may smooth out any interuptions.

Also, it sounds like I'd recommend trying a tactile switch. It doesn't seem clear what's being used but tactiles are more reliable and should have missed pushes and all that vs. a normal pushbutton.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

It does the same thing with a bench power supply.

I’ve tried capacitors to smooth the voltage, same thing.

I then tried your tactile switch idea, WOW! That works.

I went through the menu and all the features about 10 times so far and it’s been flawless!

I think were getting somewhere!

It will screw up if you allow your fingers to touch any of the connection on the switch though. As long as you’re insulated from it and you’re only touching the button portion, it seems to work.

If you disconnect the battery, it still has that recognition problem when you hook back up. You still need to feather it until it boots. Once it does boot and using the tactile switch, it’s been working well.

The original switches I was using, 3 of them, were all brand new momentary switches from Tim and Radio shack. I think it’s just really sensitive and it wants a clean crisp on/off signal that only a tactile switch can give…we’ll see.