Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

they said the same thing with the US1 board, i always left mine in, and NEVER had any problems. although this cutting out thing the US2 board does might just warrant either a cutoff, or batt removal.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Default my problems...

Ok I have my US2 board all wired up and had a hell of a time programing it.

I had to unplug the batteries multi times and would get through have the setup then the board would die so to speak and have to begin again.

I switched out the momentary switch and that helped alot! I went right through the menu no problems! Great fix.

I put everything in my hilt again to measure things out for the switch hole I needed to drill. Then took everything out of the hilt and now the board isn't working at all.

Symptoms are when I plug the board in (I have a quick dissconect inline) I hear a small static burp on the speaker and the led blinks very fantly but that's all I get.

I get no women introducing the Ultrasound board no tones Can't get to the menu nothing.

Everytime I unplug plug it in I get the same thing. Tiny static burp and faint blink of the LED.

I tryed two different battery packs with the same results.

I dbl checked everything there's no wires crossed or touching. I resolded somethings to make sure and cleaned things up a bit. Still same results.

setup is a cyan lux V radio shack recommened low bounce momentary switch.

the battery setups I was useing was a 4.7li-ion 2900 mah pack and a 2 3.7 2400mah setup in series.

This is my first build so let me know even if its something stupid you'd think I surely did, I might not have ya know. I'm really scared I messed something up bad. I compared pics to see if I knocked something off the board or something is burnt etc but can't find anything wrong.

I don't get why the led would blink flaintly it's like theres a tiny bit of current powering everthing up for just a millisecond or something...

If someone else has posted these symptoms and I missed that post and reponses I'm sorry please if you could direct me to it.

thanks in advance.

two point one oh

I don't know what tinfoil's comment means, but...

* You tried different cell packs -- good!
    * You tried re-soldering -- good!
    * Photos look good (connections are fine + correct) -- excellent!
    * If your cell voltage is truly >7v... that is key -- a lux V requires at least ~7v bare minimum.

Maybe try a "normal" 7.2v pack... one that isn't wired to be "in series" with another pack. In fact--you may have some problems the way it seems you're explaining your pack.
    Last edited by Novastar; 01-03-2009 at 01:19 AM.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Neg from board to [-Ultrafire 18650 3.7V 2400mah +] [-Ultrafire 18650 3.7V 2400mah+]to posi on board... wired like that. The 2 are fully charged and I used the quick disconnects to connect the led direct just for a split second (bright as heck) so the pack is working fine. I'm just getting nothing from the board just a faint blink and burp outta speaker. I'm so bummed out it was working perfect then just stopped I just wish I knew what I did...

I'm waiting on 1.2V 1200mah AAA batteries to make that barrel roll pack to arrive, this pack was just for testing, but I don't think that's the problem unless you got some ideas...
    Last edited by Jase Kala Maris; 01-03-2009 at 01:56 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Mine does the same thing, sort of. I put a switch on the positive battery wire, but when i go to turn it on, the board makes a little static burp and then nothing. But if I then go back and break the connection in the battery pack for a sec it works fine, so it's like the switch isn't really fixing that problem...
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

how long did you leave the connnection to batteies broken? I know you have to do it long enough to let the capasitors disipate all power then repower the board.

Nice to see ya DD.
    so yo have a switch comeing off the boarda and inline with the batteries?

BLUE 3- Ready

I've tried a few times breaking the connection to the battery and letting it rest for the caps to discharge but no matter how long it is, when I hook up the batteries I just get that very faint burp from speaker and a tiny blink on the led now(this happens as I hook up the battery), nothing more...

I used to get a louder static burp Like DDan was saying and I'd dissconnect the battery, let the caps discharge and reconnect it-then I'd get the USB startup ladies voice and I could go through the setup menu etc...

This is a much fainter burp and the led didn't blink before...

This sounds like a programming issue. According to what you have there, you should definitely be getting the boot sound.

Let me talk to Alex about this, and we will see what Tim has to say. That's All I can do at the moment, but there may be hope yet. Bear with us.

One thing though. Try removing the QD on the switch, and have you tried another speaker? I have had a couple of boards I thought were bad, but it was a speaker problem.

We just want to eliminate any other probable causes before making the final judgment of dead board.
    Last edited by Darth Morbius; 01-03-2009 at 02:53 PM.