Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

Here's a weird one:

Going through the menu (almost done) and it starts bleeping a bunch of times and then the menu girl says "www dot make your own chip dot com - goodbye" and then the saber is on. First time it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Diah View Post
    Here's a weird one:

Going through the menu (almost done) and it starts bleeping a bunch of times and then the menu girl says "www dot make your own chip dot com - goodbye" and then the saber is on. First time it happened.
    This may sound stupid, but how long have you been using the same set of batteries? You said you were running a K2, and AAA's are only good for maybe half an hour of life when running a K2. 1500mah + the sound board with onboard 1watt amp is alot of draw on those little batts.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Either that or there's adware on sabers.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY! *grabs tinfoil stormie helmet*

I'm running a Luxeon Rebel on the Lux III setting. I don't usually run the saber very long and the batteries are pretty fresh but not brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSWG View Post
    This may sound stupid, but how long have you been using the same set of batteries? You said you were running a K2, and AAA's are only good for maybe half an hour of life when running a K2. 1500mah + the sound board with onboard 1watt amp is alot of draw on those little batts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Diah View Post
    Here's a weird one:

Look...

Alex and everyone involved with the project have chimed in. We have spent all day getting to the bottom of this.

Here's MY recommendation...

You see that red and black wire set running to the battery pack?

Remove the AAA's Clip the wires... Save the AAA pack for a stunt saber...

Then add a 2AA holder from the store here, and a couple of those nifty Li-Ion Trustfires...

If you want to get real adventurous. Try wiring TWO of the 2AA holders in parallel. Then stuff them both with 2 LC14500 Li-ions each...

7.2V @ 1800mAh...

Problem solved.
    Last edited by Darth Morbius; 11-28-2008 at 12:11 AM.

Can you try some new batteries and see if the problem persists? Thanks.
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Another thoguht: Everyone over in the States, go to frakkin' sleep! Nobody's going to be helping anyone with this if everyone's thought processes are crawling along like dying Hutts, and a combination of burns from soldering irons, electric shocks, and caffinated beverages are no substitute for a good night's sleep.

Trust me. I've tried it. Doesn't work.

Us folk not in the U.S. of A., well, we may just have to muddle along for a bit longer yet, if we even have our boards. (I don't, for example, so I'm just offering theories from my corner over here.)

A Luxeon burning up in Overdrive mode sounds like poor heat management on the user side. /shrug
    It wasn't in the hilt when that happened, completely open air.

It's not a holder issue. Any holder will work. I built an UltraSound 2.0 powered Obi Wan FX for Seth using a side by side AA holder.

cool thats what i needed to know. i didnt think it mattered on the holder but wanted to ask for certain. when my trustfires arrive and i chargem up i will try those out then, and get me some new holders. right now its got a 4 cell holder with duracells in it. i will have to get me a 2 cell holder.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Quote Originally Posted by valeon View Post
    It wasn't in the hilt when that happened, completely open air.
    That would explain it.
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity