Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

For now lets just keep working on figuring out what works and what doesnt. Ultra can then go to the MFG with that info to see if anything can be done. Ultra and I will do what it takes to make this right but for now lets work out what the bugs are exactly and work towards fixing the issue.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Currently I have the Energizer X92s installed (Alkaline Manganese Dioxide Zinc) but I do have some Energizer L92s (Lithium) that I will try.

Thanks Ultra!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSWG View Post
    Ok, so you're using alkalines? What kind? I'm about to run out and buy some different brands and types of Alkalines to see if one works better than the others.

Do you have access to any Li-Ions or any Lithium Primary cells (like Energizer Lithiums) you can try out? The more input we get, the better. Thanks!

Hey ConnorMichael,

How is it working once its booted up? Is your only issue the boot-up?

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMichael View Post
    I agree with post #88, and dont forget about Tim. He was up into the wee hours on flash chat trying to help figure this out.
    Anywho.....here is my setup with Energizer Nimh Rechargeables...... I getting first boot about 80% of the time, but I rarely need to throw the switch more that twice.

Im using standard on/off slider with a heavy duty anti-vandal mom. Hope this helps.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...&pictureid=366

Ok I switched to a 7.2v pack that consits of 6 duracel 1000 mah nimh solder solid. I'm also using Tims guarded mom switch. Once I get the pack reconized I try to setup this is what I have found out. if the board is stable say on my bench for testing if i press in the mom switch quick it works great to cycle and when held in to confirm each setting it works fine. once that done and setup is complete its good to go, firing up and and powering down works great blade lockup works well also I hope this helps some
    Sith Happens

I put in Energizer Lithium batteries and it still had some problems while programming (shut down at different random points during 2 attempts at programming). Also, doesn't boot up right away when power is switched on. Takes a couple tries but less than 5.

Once programmed successfully, all the saber effects seem to be working fine.

Yeah, I went and picked up some Energizer Lithium AA's too…about $20.00 at Walgreens... I tried it at 6 volts and 9 volts and it was pretty much the same thing as Jedi-Diah.

I’ve been messing with different switches too and the only one that has so far worked 100% of the time is the tactile. Which is a shame because they’re difficult to mount in a saber. We need to fabricate a tactile switch holder that’ll mount in the holes of Tim’s MHS pre-drilled hilt sections.

Ok, I did some experiments on 4.5, 6, and 7.2 volts. The results are like I figured, the board actually works like it's supposed to, even on 4.5 volts, you just need consistent power when first putting in the batteries and you need a low-bounce switch. I made a video of my results and I'll be posting it. This should explain and solve the problems we've seen. Please await the video for further explanation.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

is it only batt current stability or if connective stability is in play as well. can we take a poll to see what kind of batts & holders everybodys using. I wonder if the 4xaaa square holder is more stable compared to 4xaa where batts ar stacked end to end. and if there are any who arent having any issues, what are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    is it only batt current stability or if connective stability is in play as well. can we take a poll to see what kind of batts & holders everybodys using. I wonder if the 4xaaa square holder is more stable compared to 4xaa where batts ar stacked end to end. and if there are any who arent having any issues, what are you using?
    It has nothing to do with the batts and holders, really, any batts and holders will work, you don't need Li-Ions or even Lithium primaries. I figured it out, it was really quite simple. The video will explain it.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Thanks for the update, Ultra. I really appreciate you doing all this on Thanksgiving. Spend time with the kids!