Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

does that setup fit in a ribbed section?

Not sure, don't have a ribbed section to test. Will a ribbed section fit a side by side AA pack?

BTW, yall, having to have the board mounted IS NOT an issue *if* you are using a good switch. We were wrong about the sensors sending signals to the CPU during setup, it was a hypothesis, but ultimately, it was wrong. Getting kicked out of setup is exclusive to the switch. However, when using a typical mom, switch bounce is exacerbated by excess movement, which is why the boards are easier to program if they are mounted when using a non-tactile mom switch.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

So, how do we know which switches are "low bounce"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Diah View Post
    So, how do we know which switches are "low bounce"?
    Tactile switches are low bounce by their very nature; they are membrane activated, rather than plunger. Tactiles are easy to work with, too, you can even gut your favorite plunger type of switch and put a tactile in it for easy use in MHS applications.

We have also confirmed that these Radio Shack switches work well:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062546

Switches with very low plunger travel is what you're going to be looking for.

We'll be testing out more switches with the board and posting the results.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

i wish tim would stock a pvc or some kind of tube for mounting sleds in ribbed sections, its hard finding something with an I.D. for a board and O.D. for a ribbed

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSWG View Post
    Not sure, don't have a ribbed section to test. Will a ribbed section fit a side by side AA pack?

BTW, yall, having to have the board mounted IS NOT an issue *if* you are using a good switch. We were wrong about the sensors sending signals to the CPU during setup, it was a hypothesis, but ultimately, it was wrong. Getting kicked out of setup is exclusive to the switch. However, when using a typical mom, switch bounce is exacerbated by excess movement, which is why the boards are easier to program if they are mounted when using a non-tactile mom switch.
    I don't think it would, the standard side by side holders need modification to fit into a ribbed section and I'm doubtful that the US board would fit in the space left, if you used one of the 4.5v 4AAA rechargeable packs that tim sells you might be able to do it.

Wow - 22 pages in just a couple days! Not a good sign.

Makes it extremely difficult to locate USEFUL posts for actual reliable troubleshooting.

May I suggest that a clean, locked, and pinned topic be created for this board? Containing any videos, diagrams, parts recommendations, etc.

Unless there is one and I missed it somewhere.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Just look through these last few pages for posts by Morbius or Ultra. That's where most of the good info is
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duck View Post
    I had some problems at first but after watching the vid and playing with it a bit no problems. It works good I did have a problem with the battery pack overheating and bursting inside my saber. I got it out in time and saved the board but not my speaker. For now I am using a plain old 9volt and an old speaker I had it a.o.k. just wish it was louder it was realy loud out side the saber but once i put all together it like i put ear plugs in. all an all i like the board. thank guys.

did ya have a bad wireing connection? sounds like something shorted out someplace, glad the board was saved tho.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSWG View Post
    Tactile switches are low bounce by their very nature; they are membrane activated, rather than plunger. Tactiles are easy to work with, too, you can even gut your favorite plunger type of switch and put a tactile in it for easy use in MHS applications.

We have also confirmed that these Radio Shack switches work well:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062546

Switches with very low plunger travel is what you're going to be looking for.

We'll be testing out more switches with the board and posting the results.
    one of those is what ive been usin on my vader saber since the beginning. glad to hear theyve been included into the upper level of the switch class for this board, saves me havin to try to mount a different one. cuz of my setup, it wouldnt be fun to figure that out.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!