Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

Well the problem is that it will run all the time when the saber is on, any way you wire it. Unless of course you can locate the pinouts on the controller that send signal to the Audio circuits for specific sounds to process.

I suppose you could check all the pinouts while the board is running to see which ones go high when a specific sound plays and run a lead from those.

But I think it would just be safer to run it off the Lux's positive lead in series.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

ya now that you mention it. maybe just adding another switch for the motor? other then that ya. Buy a CF if you want the rumble.

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Morbius View Post
    Well the problem is that it will run all the time when the saber is on, any way you wire it. Unless of course you can locate the pinouts on the controller that send signal to the Audio circuits for specific sounds to process.

I suppose you could check all the pinouts while the board is running to see which ones go high when a specific sound plays and run a lead from those.

But I think it would just be safer to run it off the Lux's positive lead in series.
    That's the way I would run it anyway. I'd want it running whenever the saber is on. So, basically it could be wired like the CF is.

Youngling

Just to update on my former USv2 problem (p34-35 of this thread).

I think, as i mentioned, that my rough treatment of the board is the most likely cause of the issue with the LED, so wouldn't expect it to be replaced.

Tim kindly offered to have a look at it to test it and suggested that their may be a possibility for repair with the manufacturer. having checked and rechecked (x lots), I'm pretty certain there's nothing external on the board where it could be shorting and so, rather than time/money/etc on maybe getting it repaired, I've decided to keep it to use as a sound board (it works fine in this respect with no LED) in conjunction with a Corbin driver...

...Which lead me to: Does anyone know where I can buy shock/clash sensors (other than from gutting a cheapo toy lightsaber, my other option)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jase Kala Maris View Post
    2.10???
    just a shorthand comment that a us2.10 board is in order due to all the bugs of 2.0. sorry for any confusion....

Quote Originally Posted by kazei maru View Post
    Can it be run to match the Luxeon effects at idle & clash or while moving?
    If you wire it to "mimic" the current that flows to the Luxeon... while also paying heed to the motor's "sweet spot" (in terms of being in the saber and making the hilt vibrate) by using a potentiometer or just the correct resistor... you can get a motor to behave pretty interestingly.

But yeah... if you can't settle for it being on during clash, lockup, swings AND hum... it would take a lot of hullaballu.

And a bunch of fairly involved modifications (in my opinion) aren't worth it for something as simple as a motor. My CF sabers "feel" just fine with the motors that they have, each of which is "dialed in" to the Luxeon's current very precisely. It feels GREAT that they vibrate during the entire course of their usage... but it's not so static nor obtrusive that it feels insane and "over the top".
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilhelmet View Post
    just a shorthand comment that a us2.10 board is in order due to all the bugs of 2.0. sorry for any confusion....
    It's not "bugs"

More updates to come...

good to know.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilhelmet View Post
    What bugs? I have wired up 5 so far and there have been ZERO problems. Skill level plays a role in how many "problems" you will have.

Why try to drive a 599 GTB at the limit when you have not mastered driving your sentra...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

LDM has a good point.

I have only seen two or three instances of MAJOR problems with people that are experienced in using soundboards so far.

Not to sound elitist by any means here, but most of the "issues" that I have seen with the US 2.0 posted on the different forums related to the hobby, are from people that don't have a lot of experience wiring up a board.

I am not trying to cut ANYONE down here, but I am calling it like I have seen with my own two eyes.

Poor choices in batteries, poor soldering jobs, poor wire routing, poor pre-planning, and rushing the job are all factors.

Believe me, I have seen some posts by some people, taken one look at their soldering jobs, and said to myself "There is 75% of the problem."

This by no means is a slam. Bit I think a lot of people need to learn to crawl before they start running the Boston marathon. I don't know how many times I have seen: "This is my first saber build ever, and I am using a US 2.0. I have a problem."

In my opinion, the problem lies in the fact that a lot of these people need to take a step back, and learn some basic soldering skills, and read up on electronics a little before tackling a sound board install into a saber.

Sure, everyone has to start somewhere, and for the most part, I have seen some of these issues go away when people take a step back, slow down, and take it easy. The more you think about it BEFORE you begin working. the easier it will be for you to troubleshoot an issue.

It's getting to the point that this is becoming a putrifacted horse carcass, and people are lining up with flails to take a few good whacks at it.

I truly don't see what the major problems are here. Yes there are issues that ARE being worked on. But some of the stuff I am seeing with some of the issues that people are posting about are cases of pure rush jobs and getting ahead of one's self.

Take it at face value if you want. but I am not trying to belittle anyone as I have stated three times now previous.