Thread: something fishy about that hasbro board

Default something fishy about that hasbro board

went to wal*mart the other day and got a new Hasbro board to experiment.
    i got the new force action, force unleashed one... ya know the one that changes from red to green etc.

yea! thatone... anyway

i figured, it changes colors so i had a theory it changes sound too... well... i was wrong. the sound however IS different the the Vader, Anaken, obi sabers that's being sold with it. and it does NOT have the swing sensor but does have a swing sound effect after a hard clash. and the blade-color change function was controlled by a internal memory switch that is activated by the Sith blades.
    and it also makes a sound when it does this. sounds like a sword-ish sound, making a aux button just for this ^^. wile wiring it up tho. i found something unorthodoxy, i don't know if its just this model of boards. but after i wired it up and i left the switch on the ON position. its a slider type switch so i can control the LED and Hasbro from 1 switch. and then put the battery pack on. (i have a 4 AA pack that has a 9volt type snap on it) it does this beeping sound, at first i figured, "OH ****! I BLEW IT ALREADY!" i quickly stumble with the connector and hit the switch and it cuts off... i quickly turn it on agan to see if it works or does the same thing agan. i was surprised to be hearing what i was hearing. the Hasbro board was going though a sorta POST test or sound check/test of all the sounds on the board. going though them 1 at a time and reaching the last sound and going silent agan... at this point i thank i unlocked something. and turn it off and back on agan. its working normally now. can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary. but i believe i may have accidentally found some sort of test procedure used for Hasbro boards O.O
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

bump, sorry posted at wrong time of day agan ^^;

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Where you in need of some response to this??? I didn't see any questions asked??
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I was wondering the same thing. So didn't understand why he bumped this.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

My point exactly J-Lo

sorry for confusion. but i was wondering if anyone else has found this? or is it just this board. and if they all have it. why?
    and i bumbed it becuse i posted it at 3 am and nobody knew it was here

Ah, well in that case....

I'm fairly certain most of us stay away from that board for a number of reasons. Namely, the extra crappy sound (even for a hasbro). I know theres a thread around here somewhere about it, but it's probably pretty buried.

I do know that hasbros in general are kind of prone to acting wierd when different switch options are applied. Back when I was first starting out I tried to wire up a hasbro and the main LED to a regular SPST pushbutton switch (effectively trying to use a SPST as a DPDT...bad idea) That board did all sorts of crazy stuff before I started over and ran 2 seperate switches

and a few months later that board glitches out... not just dies... but it went out with a bang... sorta. it was the main board i used in my lightsaber for a long wile. it was acculy kinda nice. i liked having a Hasbro that sounded a little different. and had a cool hardware sound demo to play all the sounds. but it starting doing a few odd things before it went out. like playing the sounds but at a ultra low frequency. the volume was good but everything sounded like the batteries was low. its on 6v so i 100% know that wasn't it... just thought it was mabe a rare glitch that happened with that board. well. as i used it more.. it got more common and common.. to a point that it ALWAYS sounded all deep and low pitched.. then it started cutting out after seconds into activation.. the befor i knew it. it doesn't power up at all... oh well. for a wile i was kinda out of cash but now my car is payed off i have a few "me dollars" i can spend every once in a wile! and today i just got a Darth Vader that was on clearance at wally world. also a few other goodies to completely redo the saber. looking forward to posting a much ***yer saber soon!
    just a warning to anyone else that has thoughts of using this board... its nice an all if you want a cheap Hasbro. that sounds different. but don't be surprised to have to go fetch a new one a few months down the road

Banned Sith Lord

dude that sucks.... lol... i hate hasbro boards... any saber of mine that i will have will have an FX board or better with it. ill just save more $$$ untill i can afford a board. thats just my saber building rule. but im glad to hear you got a vader. enjoy the monkey gong!

FX boards would be nice. but even those cost an arm and a leg. ~$60+ and if im going to blow some mega $ on a board. id rather just use a hasbro for a few months and save up to get a CF or ultrasound