Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ridiculous saber on ebay

lol why does it look like it was sprayed black and then immediatly rolled in stripper glitter?

y would anyone want that...i mean it's an interesting concept but yeah...anywho...
    ...YUP!

I would. Though I'm more inclined to make my own.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    well...
    If william wallace ever goes to the dark side - we know where to send him.
    Mc

roflmao, ftw!
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

I have been noticing these for a while. The price does feel high considering they don't seem to have any sound, but a whole lot of work goes into those hilts and as an object of art they are probably actually pretty cheap. Not my cup of tea, but I admire the craftsmanship.

I agree with Novastar, that's definitely a unique look to it.
    No other saber like it that I've seen.
    But a saber that large made out of steel?
    That's just ridiculous!

Although, that would be very similar to an actual saber, with all the weight in the hilt and very little in the blade.
    Still not my cuppa tea, but still very cool.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I've seen Advanced Light Weaponry's products on the web and on the bay for a few years now.

They are fantastic pieces of art, and I can fully understand why he charges what he does. Creating something like that completely from scratch is VERY time consuming, and requires LOTS of patience.

All my hardware sabers are essentially sculpted by me so I get why he asks the prices he does.

I personally prefer replica sabers, but I admire the artistry behind those pieces.
    Follow Your Bliss

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    Nah, it's solid. He always uses steel as his base. I think cosmetically you could probably beat it up, but it'd still function. ALW sabers are notoriously heavy.

Yep. Forgot to mention that.

Haha the electronics are embedded somewhere in the clay! He sure brings a new meaning to permanent blade.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Thumbs up

I know that New York Jedi are big fans of his work, If I had the cash I would buy one of the broadswords, My MHS is a two hander.

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a View Post
    Yep. Forgot to mention that.

Haha the electronics are embedded somewhere in the clay! He sure brings a new meaning to permanent blade.
    Dude He only uses clay on a very select few sabers Like ancient horn and Organic stuff like that. he doesn't do a crappy imbed the electronics in some mass of clay job. all his sabers have removable blades as well. the dueling sabers are stainless and carbon steel. heavy yes.. but also realistic
    there are alternatives to fighting..............like gettin the hell outa here!!!!!