Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Replacing MR clash/motion sensor with one from Hasbro?

Default Clash Sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    Hmm...
    Well, I tried Novastar's advice, and got no reaction. Even when closed the circuits directly at the jack. Which makes me think the problem is not in the motion/clash sensors, but in the motherboard itself, which in turn means there's no point trying to use the Hasbro sensors as a replacement. I don't see any broken connections or obvious short-circuits on the board. So I've got a setup with light, fire-up/fire-down sound, and idling hum, but no motion sounds and no clash sounds. Disappointing. I could scrap the MR board and use the old Hasbro board instead, but even hooked up to a decent speaker, the sound (particularly the motion sound) is pretty lame.

Well, they say you get what you pay for, which in this case is about sixty bucks.

Well, at least I learned something about motion and clash sensors. I'll post my best guess at a wiring diagram on the appropriate board.

I don't suppose weak batteries could be to blame? I'll recharge them overnight and try again tomorrow.
    Have you examined the board for shorts, bad solder joints or open connections? What was "dead" about the saber when you bought it? I have resurrected boards by cleaning them with a short, stiff brush dipped in nail polish remover. It is unlikely that only one sound would stop working on the chip. Yes, weak batteries might be to blame, especially if you are using rechargeables. Try using 'real' alkaline batteries just to check. I am glad that I came across this thread, I need a class sensor to complete a Darth Vader conversion! Good Luck!

I believe Matt got this sorted out 5 years ago....please note the date/age of a post before quoting/responding to it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.