Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: storm trooper outfit

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

The Hasbro FX sabers are out already, in fact, they're already available on Ebay.

Let's not get "Licensed", and "acceptable" jumbled around when talking about the 501st, and The Rebel Legion...

"Movie Accurate" = "acceptable"

"Licensed" = "Licensed", that's all.

Although the Rubies stuff is licensed, They're just costume wear, it is not Movie accurate, so -Unacceptable

The MR stuff is Prop wear, pretty close to Movie Accurate, especially the Helmets.
    The sabers aren't really made to be worn, but display pieces.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know the difference, being an RL member, and having a lot of friends in the 501st. I'm also a guest on my local Garrison's message board, so I read a lot of their threads about armor and related things.

But most of the general public does not. They may have a passing aquaintance with the Legions, seeing people at conventions or charity events, thinking it might be fun to join, not bothering to find out what the costuming standards might be.

They probably think then can just buy a Rubie's Anakin costume, or Storm Trooper and automatically be accepted into the RL or 501st.

I don't know who, in their right mind, would spend so much money on a Halloween Costume.

We do get some people who are at least intelligent enough to ask if something is acceptable, before they buy it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Ain't that the truth.

I wasn't implying anything on YOUR knowledge of all this Loreen,
    However, people who don't know, ask, then find out by reading what others have to say.
    That's why DaJoQuim asked.
    I'd rather have 20 people a day ask me about the stuff, then see one person go buy that crap, and have their hopes of joining either Legion crushed.

So, for anybody looking for 501st quality armor, go visit whitearmor.net, loads of cool stuff there!

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison