Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Concept Lightsabers

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Ugh! Those look like LEGO lightsabers! They better change the graphics SIGNIFICANTLY, or risk their reputation. I also hope that there are more than 2 lightsaber hilt designs, otherwise its going to be a pretty boring game.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

When your saber breaks, you can use it as a club to harp seal your opponents.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Or just do some arm curls with those dumbells.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Wow thoes are ugly and I hate it that in games they make them so huge.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I am so excited bout this game so I read as much bout it as I can and what I have read the sabers will be smaller.
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

If your power cell depletes, you can use the Sith saber as a shank!
    Last edited by Eco; 11-18-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    If your power cell depletes, you can use the Sith saber as a shank!
    OOooo ... prison rules! lol

Quote Originally Posted by LordBane21 View Post
    I am so excited bout this game so I read as much bout it as I can and what I have read the sabers will be smaller.
    Yeah, you're right. I played the other 2 KOTOR games and Bioware did the best job I have seen at creating a realistic in-game lightsaber ... the hilt size (even double bladed sabers) and internal customization was very cool. If they were able to add actual external hilt customization somehow it would be amazing ... but I doubt we will see that.

Just a quick note...

Bioware only made the first KOTOR.

KOTOR 2 was made by Oblivion.

Also Bioware seems to be leaning a little toward a WoW type feel for the graphics of this game. More cartoony and fun as opposed to realistic. This is not a bad route to take for MMO's because you have the possibility of having a TON of different characters on the screen at once, it saves alot of processing power to keep things simple instead of having intense texture mapping. So in order to have any detail at all on the weapons you need to make them bigger, anyone who has played WoW will attest to the sheer ridiculousness of some of the gear in that game.

Still I think a happy medium can be reached
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

They want the weapons to be big, so that they have the "look at my sweet lightsaber dude" showoff appeal... IF they want to show off lightsabers, give us a selection of hilts, emitters, pommels and buttons, and then an actual "Examine players lightsaber" option.
    I have played SWG and the hilts are fairly nice and showoffable without being Lego lightsabers.
    They will lose a lot of older fans if they stick with the "look at my big stick" approach

Not a fan of the jedi saber but the sith saber looks awesome! I believe it's a rancor tooth on the bottom. Kinda cool but at the same time kinda not.

The cartoony-ness of WoW was fine since I was used to playing WC3. Hopefully it will feel cool enough for SW but not uber cartoony. Time will tell.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>