Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Where'd You Get that "Handle?"

Default Where'd You Get that "Handle?"

Alright,

Where'd everyone get their "handle" for this forum. Some of you have some bizarre names, to say the very least. But all are interesting.

As most of you might have read, Desert Scorpion is sort of my ultimate jedi character that I have created in one of my short stories. I actually don't see myself as him, he's cooler than cool. I haven't even started a story about a jedi that I see myself as, yet, but he'd be more like an Aragorn with a light saber and a bow. Some kind of ranger jedi (just like JediRanger []). Alright. Nuff said. Next...

I'm a spiderman fanatic.....the very first forum i ever signed up for was i think 600rr.net a motoryccle forum well, i tried all spidey, spiderman, spider-man, peter parker, all of them and none would work...so i thought hey, why not just use his clones name "BenReilly" and wala, it's stuck, all my forum names are the same now.

James3=pretty boring, I'm the third generation with the same name. I have 3 kids, 3 was my number way back when I played soccer as a kid, Dale Earnhardt was the driver that I liked in NASCAR, Helio Castroneves is who I like in IRL, just one of those things[]

I use Rel-Tett for videogames and some other sites and again no real thought in it just my last name.

somone told me there was a site that gave you jedi names are something but I don't know what it is[]

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Oh boy... back in the days of AOL when I wasn't even a teen I wanted to get xwing, but yeah... taken. So I combined my two favorite things: SW and band. Yes, I'm a band nerd.[)] Still am.[]

I've stuck with it ever since. Kind of hand an interesting ring to it too, like a band of xwings...

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

Want to roleplay in the SW universe? Visit:
    </center>

Ok, my turn?

My handle is actually "Na'Ashar", which is basically my middle name backwards. I modeled it sort of in the Arabic or Nordic fashion, wherein there is an indicator of the person's ancestry (arabic: "ibn", meaning "son of.."; nordic "...son, as in Ericson, Leif).

My persona comes from a planet much like Mace Windu's, where the general populi has some sort of Force sensitivity, and "he" was born to sort of a legendary family. "Na", in this language, means "Son of" and "Ashar" is a "lost" word that means either "Chosen" or "the Damned". He knows nothing of his biological father (not tru in real life; quite close w/mien Papa! []), but he does know that his father was a legend of his particular generation. For good or ill, he cannot say. But, he definitely feels the pressure that most sons feel in the shadow of their fathers' achievements/failings. Where his path will lead remains to be seen.

Dramatic, right? lol []

You don't need to see any identification.

Mine's a play on phonetics:
    Mi Gin Gonn = My Gin Gone
    []

"This one time at band camp..."[}] what did you play in band, xwing? i lugged a damn tuba around myself.[]
    "Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Mine is the same one that I've been using for 4 years... I just wanted a name that sounded like a dark superhero, so I made up Devilstar. 2k2 is just the year that I thought of it.

Interesting, huh? lol... []

Mine is simple after seeing Count Dooku in Star Wars II, I gave it some thought and since my full name is Don Close I came up with Do-Clo, sith lord of electronics

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn
    what did you play in band, xwing? i lugged a damn tuba around myself.[]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

TRUMPET! I love those high notes and playing all that jazz. I was in the universities jazz band last semester.

</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn
    what did you play in band, xwing? i lugged a damn tuba around myself.[]

TRUMPET! I love those high notes and playing all that jazz. I was in the universities jazz band last semester.

</center>

Speaking of good jazz, anybody here familiar w/Cowboy Bebop? Easily some of the best jazz (modern era) that I've heard...Yoko Kanno is the composer. Quite good.

You don't need to see any identification.