Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Where'd You Get that "Handle?"

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wood7588

Pirate King - during the early 90's I was involed with a Gilbert and Sullivan summer theatre progam at Oregon State University. I built the sets and sang in the chorus on a number of shows.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Rock! I've been suffering from theatre-withdrawal, lately. I've had enough of my highschool director, just waiting for the summer musical at footlite.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

My handle is my character in Star Wars Galaxies on the Eclipse server. Getting tired of paying a monthly fee to play though, so Derthh may be getting killed soon.

My name is pretty obvious but here goes- I fight in the SCA and I am one of the armorers of the Kingdom. In fact I am the only armorer for my group. So it is a combination of sca & armor. At least I knew it wouldnt be taken right?

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Well, my name has a story behind it...

On my thirteenth birthday, I decided to go to Laser Quest (THE best place ever). I chose the nickname "Hyperkid". It sounded cool back then, but I quickly decided it was too immature.
    I realized that my story mirrored the story or Robin (from Batman) and how he grew out of the "sidekick" role and became the super-awesome kung-fu/stealth hero, "Nightwing".

Now it's sort of grown past just the character, and is now just my nickname everywhere. Whenever there's another kid with my name in the room, my friends sometimes call me NightWing.
    I also occasionally go by "Knightwing" and usually capitalize the "W" whenever possible.

The reasoning behind my name is simple. I AM the_steve.[8D][^]

Hanh Plaenus is something I came up with when playing KOTOR II. Hanh is actually Vietnamese and comes from my name when I was monk, Phap Hanh, which means the Method of Action. Plaenus started out as Plaegus which came from Darth Plagueis.

Informal came from when i used to video chati had a penguin with a hawiain shirt behind me and a freind online nicknamed me Informal and Myx came from my email address (myxmyth)which i have had as long as i have been online and it was my intials i used in games when i got a good score

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Here is the link for that Jedi name creator http://www.wilcoxusa.net/saber/swname.htm

The first run had Moo-El Kesav, that just didn't sound quite right. I had to play around with my name a bit until I came up with Mor-El Kesav.

I rather like it because it is not only in the Star Wars universe but Mor-El sounds Kryptonian and Kesav sounds Vulcan so the name crosses many Sci-Fi boundries. I use the title Master because of my rank in the Army, Master Sergeant. My Trek name for 15 years has been Sekar, which is Vulcan.

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    Master Yoda

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mor-El Kesav

...Mor-El sounds Kryptonian...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Heck yes! Superman rules!

Whenever I'm not playing a game, my usual nickname is "Superman" or "Superboy".

I routinely wear a Superman shirt everywhere, carrying a fake Superman ID card, and telling everyone to go see Superman Returns on June 30. Which reminds me... GO SEE SUPERMAN RETURNS ON JUNE 30TH!!!!!!!!

Mine actually comes from my cat’s name: Mini Poo Head
    For years my handle was Mr. Furious on any site I was on, but about 6 months ago I started changing every thing to Poo Head because some friends and I started a joke about my cat running for political office. You can see how far we took it in the picture of my car below, in that we actually made signs for this whole thing

(This is a picture of my car at an auto cross. I'm not a ricer, the numbers and other stuff are magnets that go on at the event and come off before leaving [])

Anyway, it just mainly stems from that, and I even though I’d say that I’ve turned away from the light side of the force, Mr. Furious just didn’t seen to be catchy any longer.

Try not. Do or do not, you Rebel scum.