Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My latest project MHS

Default My latest project MHS

After a couple weeks, the general hilt pieces have finally arrived! A customized blade holder and powder coating on one of the pieces. Powder coating is nice. =)

Blueprints: (A bit outdated, replace US2.0 with CF 4.1)

Hilt Pieces:

As for what it'll be running, either a CF 4.1 or an Ultrasound 2.0 (probably the CF).

This thing was a lot longer than I thought it be. =x
    Last edited by Tomoyo; 11-17-2008 at 02:13 PM.
    twitch.tv/sigfreda

Nice!!

i like that blade holder very nice. yeah i know the feeling i'm doing an un-original obi/luke MHS and the length is a bit longer than i thought too but whatever.
    ...YUP!

I'm probably going to use the MPS3 V1 that I have on my other saber, not to say I wouldn't use the V2 but I guess it just takes some getting use to.
    twitch.tv/sigfreda

MHS's always come out longer than expected, haha. They need to devise tiny batteries with huge runtimes. You'd think with how long batteries have been around, the good ones would be cheaper (A 6 pack of Energizer AA's is still like $7, not expensive by any means, but still) and they'd last longer than they do.
    Alderaan shot first.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hey, dude. Looks good - looks like somthing that I'd make! I love custom blade holders, I have like 4... it gives it that uniqueness that makes it stand out a little more... but you already know that

Well even though there aren't any soundboards I can use for the moment, doesn't mean I can't do any work on the hilt. So I drilled and threaded the covertec wheel and the blade retention screw.

First I marked the place where I wanted my covertec wheel (hard to see I know, the blue marker):

Then drilled out the hole:

Threading the covertec wheel screw here:

Finished:

Next up was the blade retention screw.

Marked the spot where I wanted to drill:

Drilling the hole here:

Then threading the blade retention hole here:

And here is the whole hilt:

Since I wanted to see how this would look like lit up so I stuck a puck in there and a luxeon III green.

twitch.tv/sigfreda

Woo nice Tomoyo!

Keep it up

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

good work!

Just a minor update, my new pommel came in, I gotta say pretty darn cool. Those cubes are really sharp though, cut my thumb. =x

Pics

twitch.tv/sigfreda