Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars Ultimate Lightsaber - How-to-wire guide

I did a you tube search last night and found a review. From the vid the sound is much improved over ForceAction sabers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tqYC...eature=related
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

If you're just going to use this for sound and plan on running the lux and puck via a seperate circuit running off the same battery pack, how are you going to get the blade to light up at the same time as switching the saber on or are you guys just simply not bothered about having to press two buttons? :P

You can get the board to control a buckpuck by using the ref + ctl inputs.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    You can get the board to control a buckpuck by using the ref + ctl inputs.
    So you mean wire the LED +/- from the board into the ref and ctl on the puck?

If that is the case, wouldn't the puck still require a seperate switch though? Otherwise it would still be draining power from the battery all the time, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
    So you mean wire the LED +/- from the board into the ref and ctl on the puck?

If that is the case, wouldn't the puck still require a seperate switch though? Otherwise it would still be draining power from the battery all the time, surely.
    Yup, that's why you need a master kill switch, which will kill all circuits. Install it in the + line from the battery. Heck, if you're using rechargeable batteries you can use the recharge port as the kill switch. BTW, the Hasbro sound board also draws power while in Idle, even though it a lot less then the puckpucks.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

Just got mine today from amazon, man I wish I was still a kid this would be one of the coolest toys ever!

Unfortunately though, I am an adult, and it was still really fun to play around with.

I did realize though that I'm out of AA batteries so until I feel like making a trip to the store, I can make no comment on the sounds.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

sounds way better than the force action anakin I just picked up, what a colossal waste of $ LOL

I waited a little too long and the price already went up on amazon. Now it is up to $25 for one of these.

At least they offered free shipping if the order was over $25 so I ordered some dremmel bits with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    I waited a little too long and the price already went up on amazon. Now it is up to $25 for one of these.

At least they offered free shipping if the order was over $25 so I ordered some dremmel bits with it.
    We got one for our oldest son b4 the $ went up. Maybe the $5 off coupon is why it went up?
    Here's the link if anyone wants the coupon:
    http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?...=SW&p=WCRAzPKO

And $5 off the force action:
    http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?...=SW&p=0ZX74Nuk
    Darth Flatulous

I'm not sure I want to install a third party software like an executable couple printer downloaded from online. Is this coupon like a rebate or do you have to use it at the time of purchase?