Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars Ultimate Lightsaber - How-to-wire guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, I just checked - mine won't mix colors. I metered it again. 90-130 mA seems to be the range - but there's no current flow in either of the other two lines, even when there's more than one mode selected.

But, it will take 6v - so that's a good thing.

so regardless of the functionality of the board is this set worth it just to get for the heck of it for like kids.
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Yeah, I just checked - mine won't mix colors.
    That's really strange, Any identifying marks on your box? Maybe we can find something on the box that will distinguish the different models, here's what I can find on mine

On back
    PN: 67866702
    UTC: 65356931862 (I don't expect this will be different but just in case)
    C-086D

On front
    87625/87623 Asst.

Don't know if any of this helps. worth a shot though

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    so regardless of the functionality of the board is this set worth it just to get for the heck of it for like kids.
    For our purposes: I'd classify it between standard hasbro sound and MR sound. It has the multiple "sound fonts", but the sound's quality is still pretty crappy; plus, it can't drive a star LED properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    That's really strange, Any identifying marks on your box? Maybe we can find something on the box that will distinguish the different models, here's what I can find on mine

On back
    PN: 67866702
    UTC: 65356931862 (I don't expect this will be different but just in case)
    C-086D

On front
    87625/87623 Asst.

Don't know if any of this helps. worth a shot though
    I'll check, but it doesn't change my overall opinion of it...

I agree with Eastern, It has some interesting features, and is a slight improvement on other Hasbro boards, but nothing to get crazy over.

I just picked this thing up tonight and considering the price point it's a great buy. Something that I'm not sure that has been mentioned yet is that this thing has 3 clash sounds, and several swing sounds as well. It seems that the clash sensor may handle, or be very closely tied to something that detects swings and if I can identify it, I will be adding a motion sensor and post photos and diagrams of my results from my testing this board out on my days off this week.

I have to admit that I am very excited about this board. Normally I wouldn't be, but with the features and the sound quality being nearly on par with an MR, I am going to make a super intricate replica saber out of this thing and the best part is that I never thought that it would be possible to make what I am planning, but this gem is going to make it happen!
    Follow Your Bliss

Well get a corbin driver for the lux and use the leds to light up a crystal thats pluged into the color socket thingy-ma-bob.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Sounds like it is a better board. I have a couple of questions.

IS that rubber looking black thing on the main board a switch? IF so is it removable.

Also dos it do that stupid Flash on Clash Thing? Cause I was thinking of using the LED output to run a puck. Thoughts?
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    IS that rubber looking black thing on the main board a switch? IF so is it removable.

Also dos it do that stupid Flash on Clash Thing? Cause I was thinking of using the LED output to run a puck. Thoughts?
    It is a switch, and should be removable.

Mine doesn't flash on clash, So long as the output on the LED outs are 5v you should be able to control a Puck with it.

Might I request a silly thing? Would a video showing the board itself (internals) + hearing the sound be "right out", as they say in Monty Python?

I only ask because... it DOES sound like people are saying this is better than the atrocious "original" Hasbro boards.

Although... that's like sayin' puking on a pile o' carp is "worse" than just a pile o' carp.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide