Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars Ultimate Lightsaber - How-to-wire guide

This is Exactly what i was looking for!!! too bad those switches you used to choose you color are no longer sold.... is there any way to prevent the auto shutoff?
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    This is Exactly what i was looking for!!! too bad those switches you used to choose you color are no longer sold.... is there any way to prevent the auto shutoff?
    Am I right in guessing you're "chachiram7"? I see you found the answers to the questions you asked me through my YouTube channel. The only solution I can think of to prevent the auto shutoff would be to create a setup that automatically triggered the clash sound every 30 seconds or so. An alternative would be to have the LEDs powered through a relay connected to the CWUL board, so that the LEDs turn off when the board shuts down. IMO, the latter solution would be both easier and more elegant. Check out the "Switch Wish List" for alternatives to the switches I used.
    There's always a bigger fish.

yes i'm chachiram7

yeah i'll check out that relay set up. it sounds a lot more convenient then having to remember to press a button every 20 seconds of idleness.

i actually found a cool switch! the LP1 series. (http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:...0LP1%20pic.jpg) they look pretty neat and should be easy to install. the problem is i don't know any sites that allow you to order one.
    Last edited by Revan; 05-02-2009 at 09:49 AM.

i actually found a cool switch! the LP1 series. (http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:...0LP1%20pic.jpg) they look pretty neat and should be easy to install. the problem is i don't know any sites that allow you to order one.
    Here's the manufacturer's product description page, and here's the data sheet. Wow. Those do look sweet. They're quite small (just 17mm or 2/3" under the hood!), and have the advantage of being snap-ins, so you don't have to worry about fumbling with nuts or improvising the way I did on my own saber. This should definitely be posted to the "Switch Wish List" thread.

It's not kosher to post links to other retailers on the TCSS boards, but you can find them by Googling "LP1OA1A".
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 05-02-2009 at 10:27 AM.

As sweet as they are i can't find one that is latching, they are all momentary. do the selection switches HAVE to be latching? because in the original toy version, the switches are momentary, but after you press one the color stays even if there was no crystal to hold it down.

I'm not sure, but I think there are relays that will allow a momentary switch to behave like a latching switch. But they would probably end up taking up twice as much space as these switches would save.

As for the CWUL board, I believe it is designed to remember the last LED configuration until the configuration is changed.

i like that cylinder illuminated switch you posted on the "switch wish list" thredd. are they only available in Japan? or like x197 said available in UK... but only in Bulk? and you said that they ARE latching? sounds like a good investment for my ultimate lightsaber conversion (i'll post a thredd with the progress of my saber and hopefully i'll be able get pics up.)

Default cool thing

i went to radioshack and got some speakers then i bought a 3vdc micro vibration motor i
    have been practiceing on this saber.
    so i conect the - one of the speaker wires and the + wire to the singel battery lead and the motor mimmick the sound coming out of the speaker. know when the saber turns off the motor goes crazy is ther a way i can stop it from doing this i will put some pics up soon

Quote Originally Posted by darth might View Post
    i went to radioshack and got some speakers then i bought a 3vdc micro vibration motor i
    have been practiceing on this saber.
    so i conect the - one of the speaker wires and the + wire to the singel battery lead and the motor mimmick the sound coming out of the speaker. know when the saber turns off the motor goes crazy is ther a way i can stop it from doing this i will put some pics up soon
    why would you want to stop it? if it's accurate then i would be happy. post a video so we can see what you are talking about.

why would you want to stop it? if it's accurate then i would be happy. post a video so we can see what you are talking about.
    Well, he said it continues to run even after he turns the saber off....so that might be why he wants to stop it. I'd wire it in with the led for the blade myself..

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.