Thread: LDM's Mace with Crystal Chamber (MR sound, III cyan)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking LDM's Mace with Crystal Chamber (MR sound, III cyan)

Here is a Mace Windu MR hilt that was originally purchased on eBay as a non-working POS. Well, at least this one now has some redeeming value!

First, I sanded off all of the "Gold" and painted the pieces flat black. Next, I created a crystal chamber with a sliding internal shroud (thanks Eastern57!). I took many photographias for y'all. The LED's are driven in parallel by the MR board and the crystal chamber is seated into the MR cradle. Blade LED is a Bin1 Cyan Lux III. Crystal chamber LED is from a MR strip and is epoxied inside of a green acrylic TCSS crystal. MR blade holder is a TCSS kit.

Here is First build video:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=100_3687.flv

Here is the initial layout showing the Blade holder, uncut crystal chamber, crystal and sound module:

A close up of how the LED's will be connected (Longer wires will be used because these LED's will be 5" apart in the final build:

This is the finished crystal chamber with the wires soldered on:

This is the crystal chamber with the wires that will attach to the battery pack and speakers:

This is the crystal chamber inserted into the groove in the MR module and the wires all soldered and heatshrinked (except for the main LED):

Now everything is soldered together:

and fitted together (wires are tucked into the plastic module):

Fire it up!:

This is the late build Video:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=100_3703.flv

Now, on to the finished product!

Here is the video:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=100_3704.flv

And the glamour shots:

Well, there she is! At least she is a little less of a POS now...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I rather like that saber LDM, especially since you blacked out the gold on it.

Default I

I was never a big fan of the mace windu (or palpatine). They both looked kinda silly. This conversion has changed my mind. I think those are some drastic improvements that really make the mace windu look like a cool saber.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    I was never a big fan of the mace windu (or palpatine). They both looked kinda silly. This conversion has changed my mind. I think those are some drastic improvements that really make the mace windu look like a cool saber.
    I have to say that I agree with you completely! Have never likded this particular saber much, but with the black and chamber, it really pops now.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!