Thread: Accent LED's

Default Accent LED's

Anyone tell me where I an go to find a nice selection of different LED lights that could act as accent LED's??

Also, I know that no resistor is needed when using a driver board or sound card. For now... I won't have a sound card but I will have a Corbin board. So if I were to purchase just a couple accent LEDs do I wire them directly to the board?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

NewberL337 - do you remember what we discussed? Certain basics have to mastered before you can be ready to progress. If you don't understand the basic switches and wiring, then accent LEDs might be a little further in the future.

It's great that you have ambitious ideas and once you get rolling, I'm sure they'll be sweet..... but we're not rolling yet, we're still putting the wheels on

oh no... im not going to put them in this one.

Im getting a bonus check soon from work. So now would be a good time to stock up on some of the things I may want to use later on after I've practiced a bit on a couple sabers. I just rather get some of the small stuff like LED's, screws, etc. and just keep them around for the time being.

I asked about the wiring just out of curiosity but I don't have any intentions of using anything other then a switch on my first saber.

Quote Originally Posted by NewberL337 View Post
    Anyone tell me where I an go to find a nice selection of different LED lights that could act as accent LED's??

Also, I know that no resistor is needed when using a driver board or sound card. For now... I won't have a sound card but I will have a Corbin board. So if I were to purchase just a couple accent LEDs do I wire them directly to the board?
    No you dont wire them directly. The various driver boards are designed to drive high power leds. Your accent leds can be considered as seperate mini circuits (except where a paticular driver board has specific provision for driving small accent leds, like the crystal focus has for example).

These mini circuits can often use the same switch as the main electronics, especially the latching type but need their own resistors to control the amount of current to the accent led. Luckily as they are small and their current requirements are also small (10-30ma generally) you can use smaller wattage resistors.
    Phil Higgins

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Slow down young one! Learn to build advanced sabers you will, when basic sabers built you have...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!