Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LEDgraflex?

James I have a replica graflex sitting on my desk and no time to work on it, cruel isn't it. Something so cool right in front of you and no time for it.[]

Do-Clo

Don't make me destroy you...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

James I have a replica graflex sitting on my desk and no time to work on it, cruel isn't it. Something so cool right in front of you and no time for it.[]

Do-Clo

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

shame on ya do-clo. you should be convertin that sucker, right away! lol

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I don't have a clear direction yet on the replica, so it is just setting for now. I am thinking that I would like to use a cyan led but I am afraid that might ruin my sith image[]

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

aw i dunno. maybe a startin to go sith type thing saber? (chuckles)
    use a set of those uv leds like the one saber you made. that would be sweet in a graflex.

I have another saber planned for the purple blade. I have even thought about a red graflex saber but It might look a little strange, but at least it would be more in true sith style.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Well guys, I broke down and bought one of the Graflex replicas on ebay for 75 bucks. I reckon I need to figure out what color I am going to do. Most likely I will go with the Cyan and do the ANH Luke thing.
    The purple Graflex sounds really cool though....to many choices[]

<center></center>

That is the whole problem I have too many choices on what to do with the graflex that is why it is setting right now. When I get some other stuff done then I can focus on it. I like the idea of a cyan blade also but purple would definately be different.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

I am driving myself nutty trying to figure out what I want to do. If I do the Luke ANH thing I reckon I'll want to get the blade holder done in black to stay as close to the movie prop as possible. I am also thinking of putting sound to it and the one with the fx guts stuffed in it looks neat. Then I could do purple and make it my primary dualing saber to go with my MHS that I'm using now. Or maybe RGB....AAGGGHHHHH!!!!
    More hair comes out.

<center></center>

guess you could get the graflex holders tim has now and get it anodized black. that is what i got from TGS but it was only a 3/4 el setup. its basically the same thing only 1 inch for the led setup. that 3/4 one was anodized black.
    or do like i done for now, used a regular led holder, tims older ones he sold, and modded it and drilled the lil pin holes and tapped them, and used a black magic marker to color in the spots needed that showed. works ok.

but the reason i wanna go ahead when i can and get tims graflex socket is, its more recessed area where the lil pins are. other than that, and having to cut groove slots in the side to run the switch wires. now the new socket, has that large flat slotted area just like the 3/4 one did for the switch. which would make that problem less of a issue to run the switch under the top red button like i did.