Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's BS-2 gets a CF 2.63

Default very

very very nice. Great step by step instructions. You keeping it or selling it?

Very awesome. I need to bookmark this because my saber is very similar in the way the parts are arranged and I have a control box that'll need wires fed thru it and whatnot. It's like a tutorial for my own saber! I don't have a CF though
    Alderaan shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    very very nice. Great step by step instructions. You keeping it or selling it?
    This one's a keeper!

This isn't exactly a new saber, either, just an upgrade from a defective US v1.0 to the CF. The actual build-up thread is here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=4422
    It's mixed in with BS-3. The rest of the brass ones I built are here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=4783

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Great walk through as always Jay-gon! the saber ain't half bad either!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

you should just throw it away and start all over. You will never... oh wait , I was looking at some thing else, that looks amazing, even without the fancy electronics. do the tactile switches work as on/off or are they momentary or are they available as both. I never realized they were so wee.

Beautiful saber, Jay-gon! Truly a work of art! I may have to add it to my collection of fallen jedi sabers after I strike you down!!MMMAAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Seriously, dude. Magnificent!
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Default Switch box

Where did you get the circuit board in the clamp's box? It looks like it fits very well.

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    Where did you get the circuit board in the clamp's box? It looks like it fits very well.
    I got it from a set of calculator bubbles that I got from a friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Titoshi
    do the tactile switches work as on/off or are they momentary or are they available as both. I never realized they were so wee.
    They are momentary, and the CF is capable of being configured to allow one to turn on the saber. The white one is the activation switch. The other is the Aux button for navigating the on-board menu, activating the blade lock-up effect, the blaster delfect effect and the Force-push effect.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Very nice Jay-gon. I love you're detailed build threads

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

Recently upgraded this saber again!

It now has the new metal mini-tactile switches instead of the black and white mis-matched set I previously installed:

I also added a new soundboard, a Crystal Focus v5.10:

And set it up for FoC using a GGW Tri-Rebel:

While I ahd it apart, I also stripped and re-sanded, polished and clear coated the brass tube:

The board:

I have the saber assembled and will post pics of that shortly!