Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's BS-2 gets a CF 2.63

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Sweet! Looks much better with the chrome momentaries and I dig the circuit board in the activation box.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Thanks, Boj. Looks like I actually missed an update for this one...it did have a CFv4.1 after the 2.63, and that's when the damage to the sleeve occurred....must have forgotten to post it here for some reason. I have a few more of those circuit cards and they actually fit a bit better in the boxes from the store here. They come from an old calculator and have the bubble strip on them too.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Looks like you used somthing different then the PVC sled on the most recent pics. What did you use this time to secure the board / speaker?

I used a half-chassis system I had made up by a machinist friend a few years ago before Tim started selling chassis discs in the shop here. The set up consists of a chassis disc that fits between the ribbed extension and the 5" double female extension. The disc has two 8-32 screws that form mounting rails and are covered by non-conductive nylon spacers. The board is attached to the screws/spacers by some trips of double-sided foam mounting tape.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.