Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: regarding switches slide/momentary

Default regarding switches slide/momentary

Hi all, I have a few quick questions regarding a saber I recently purchased. The saber functions on a slide switch, and I recently pre-ordered an ultra 2.0 board. So my dilemma is that the 2.0 supports momentary switches and based on the saber design, I don’t know if it would be feasible to install a momentary switch on the saber. I am commissioning the work, but I don’t want to waste my time if it might not be something that works both mechanically and ascetically. With this said I’m looking for a little expert advice. Below is a link to the auction from which I made my purchase to give you an idea of what I will be working with.

On a side note I noticed the LED holder is a little lose, is this something I can secure and how would you suggest I do so (Hot glue?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200270807691

Thanks in advance!

See that glass eye on one side? I believe you might be able to fit a momentary tactile switch under it.

But I dunno what they used to build the hilt so I can't be sure.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hey Spaz, these are all momentary slide-switches, maybe one will work for you:
    http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....ld%7c0&FS=True

The good thing about momentary switches, is that they can be wicked small - thus making them easier to blend with the design... but a lot of it is personal preference.

For the loose blade holder, I don't recommend that you use hot glue to secure it... or anthing, for that matter... just my opinion. But if you're having commission work done, the builder will know how to drill and tap a screw hole to secure it better... if not, you might want to find another builder

good luck dude.

Thanks everybody. I'm more then likly gonna get Don over at Ultra sabers/ Outer Rim rmory to do the work.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

ooh... "Don at Ultrasabers" "...?" I think you might be confused.

Do-Clo (Don) is his own business, he does most excellent work, but he's also in very high demand. And Ultra does not do custom work, only conversion services. Outer Rim is Darth Morbius, also very good, also very busy... but you can always ask.

There's plenty of good names out there, but if you do your homework, the right one WILL stand out.
    Last edited by eastern57; 11-14-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I hate to suggest this, but why not have Nocturne Aromury do the custom work on the saber that they made???
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    I hate to suggest this, but why not have Nocturne Aromury do the custom work on the saber that they made???
    That's crazy talk!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, Wesley is a remarkable artist as far as hilts go - no doubt there. But his electronics work leaves something to be desired...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

LMFAO!!!!!! Dude, Bro, Holmes, Skillet...I was kidding (you know, the whole thing)! My hilt from Him is sweet, but I had to totally redo the electronics! Sorry, I'll try to keep the sarcasm to a minimum! (OH crud, there I go again!)
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Opps, not Don, but Derek at ultrasabers. (I have already commisioned Don (Do-Clo) on a complety diffrent saber project).

Thanks all