Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: LDM's Philanthropy contest!

does going to work to help out on your day off count? cos I cant recall the last time I had a day off, lol

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

A friend of mine called at midnight one night. He got stuck after the buses stopped running. I drove about a half hour to pick him up and take him and his friend home. Then the half hour back

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    A friend of mine called at midnight one night. He got stuck after the buses stopped running. I drove about a half hour to pick him up and take him and his friend home. Then the half hour back
    He's lucky to have a friend like you ^_^. I got roped into picking my sister-in-law up from Indianapolis airport at 2am a while back because I was used to being up at that time. She'd been denied entry into the UK and been forced to fly back 14 hours later because her bank card did not have her signature on the back. And I cant stand her. At all. But it was a long quiet trip there and back. And if I had Force abilities.....Some days I think I need a spine,lol. But what can I do? she's... *swallows like she is about to barf*.. Family. Had she been at the bus stop like your friend, I'd have told her she can walk! All others would get sympathy ~_^
    Last edited by Blue Fox; 12-12-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Wow, this is a great day in this thead! Cannibal 869 & TirolLeonidas, you are in. The rest of you were already in, so you are rule 4'd! Thanks again for sharing.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Best thread ever! I'm serious!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Neat idea for a contest. Personally, I think it would be cool for future contests to have others nominate folks and say what they're done, either for them or someone else. Not for THIS contest, but perhaps for some later one. Just seems more natural to me.

Corbin

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Corbin_Das View Post
    Neat idea for a contest. Personally, I think it would be cool for future contests to have others nominate folks and say what they're done, either for them or someone else. Not for THIS contest, but perhaps for some later one. Just seems more natural to me.

Corbin

Corbin, that is a great idea! Maybe I will run one like that next time (maybe even next year)! It is a little un natural to get folks to open up about what they have done, but as it has progressed, people have opened up to it more and simply started to share.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Best thread ever! I'm serious!
    I agree!

Wow, you guys. I give a standing ovation to all of this. This thread- these acts of sheer greatness- these amazing souls out here. All of you guys are great. Keep up this great work, and you'll go places. I wish there were more people like all of you in this world.

May the force be with you all.

MMAfighter

Winning the fight isn't everything. It's the only thing, and you have two options- TapouT or PassouT.
    Official Saber Concepts Saber Designer

That's cool. Sharing is good. It helps show people that there's still good folks out there.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I've just never been very good extoling my own virtues. Probably just how I was raised. My Dad would always get after me when he'd hear me talking about how the two of us had volunteered at a soup kitchen when I was younger, or took coats and soup out to homeless people in the winter. He's a great humanitarian that's helped more people than I'll ever know. He just didn't like to be in the spotlight for it.

I remember a conversation with him where we discussed this. He said something to the effect of "I don't do this for recognition. I do it because it's the right thing to do. That should be enough. Do you think Angels seek recognition for their work? Well, I think that by doing something kind, we sort of become like temporary Angels to the ones we're helping. Don't cheapen it by making a private thing into a stage production."

So I guess it's been drilled into me from a young age that doing the right thing should not be done in hopes of recognition. Again, I'm not trying to take anything from those that posted. Please don't misunderstand me. The fact that the names will be DRAWN shows that this is definitely not a "Who's deed is better than another's" type of affair. It's cool to hear about the different things people have done.

I'm with MMAfighter. I wish there were more folks like this out there too.

Corbin
    Last edited by Corbin_Das; 12-13-2008 at 02:48 PM.