Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Any chance we can get a Shiny Yellow Gold here?

silver vein i would like to see that option
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 08-04-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Transparent gold looks AMAZING!

+1 for Tim to carry it!
    I agree, +2!
    ~S~
    "My inner child lets my outer adult pay bills and that's it." - Crystal Chambers
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - da Vinci
    "If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was" - Pemmin

I totally agree...Since it's a metallic colour it's a standard one that many many people will want. Myself included.

As discussed before, Tim would also have to offer a polishing service for said trans-metal PC's if he were to do this, i would pay for the service in addition to the PC...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    As discussed before, Tim would also have to offer a polishing service for said trans-metal PC's if he were to do this, i would pay for the service in addition to the PC...
    So? Many people (including myself) would gladly pay extra to get parts highly polished + powder coated Transparent Gold.

I don't know about others... but its getting boring really fast with color paint/powder coating... People want more realistic finishes like transparent gold offers (oh and maybe certain parts machined from copper!).

Two Services Badly needed:
    Polishing
    PC Transparent Gold

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    So? Many people (including myself) would gladly pay extra to get parts highly polished + powder coated Transparent Gold.

I don't know about others... but its getting boring really fast with color paint/powder coating... People want more realistic finishes like transparent gold offers (oh and maybe certain parts machined from copper!).

Two Services Badly needed:
    Polishing
    PC Transparent Gold

Boring? Hardly. I can create dozens of sabers that are all unique using nothing but flat black and bare polished aluminum. The only limits here are your imagination and skill.

However, Im sure many would benefit from the Trans Gold and it would be good if Tim offered it.

The flip side is that it's a lot of work to get a nice gold to come out right, and the cost may be more than you're really willing to pay

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    However, Im sure many would benefit from the Trans Gold and it would be good if Tim offered it.
    But what would you do Fender? What happens after Tim starts selling RGB LEDs too?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Boring? Hardly. I can create dozens of sabers that are all unique using nothing but flat black and bare polished aluminum. The only limits here are your imagination and skill.

The flip side is that it's a lot of work to get a nice gold to come out right, and the cost may be more than you're really willing to pay
    Doubt it, unless i feel he tries to shaft me. He's prices are decent (not great but decent), so i doubt it would be the 'odd' weird price. Hell, the guy called my home after i noticed something was missing from one of my orders. He called the same day i left an e-mail, and rectified the situation ASAP by sending the part express (it arrived 2 days later). Thats GREAT service (and its that kind of things that make come back and back and back).

Anyways, it's cheaper (and less hassle) than sending parts to a place to get them PC while having no idea wtf they are powder coating, and the off chance they **** up (which has happen to me on gun parts, both PC and anodizing).

I live in Montreal, they don't know about machinist shops (to get metal cut, drill etc), PC shops, Anodizing shop... hell i have to get EVERYTHING done outside of the country most of the time (hello custom fee's...).

The more i can get done in one place, the better! Even if it cost a little bit more

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ronan, did you try to swear in your post?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Woah man. Halifax is way smaller then Montreal and I can get a lot of things done here but it seems when you find tings online they're usually not in Canada.

Are you sure it's not a french/english issue? If something isn't stocked here I can usually find a business that will order it. I haven't tried looking for anyone local to PC because the TCSS prices look good to me compared to any local services and I know that it's coming from one place so less shipping or running around.