Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Any chance we can get a Shiny Yellow Gold here?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The MHS parts come from Tim like the perfect canvas for painting. Theyre at a state of finish that is useable as is, or they can be degraded easily for weathering, or with a sanding of 1000 grit then hit with a buffing wheel they can blind you with shine If Tim is willing to offer the polishing for an extra fee, I dont see any shortage of orders for Trans Gold PC.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Did anything ever come of this? I'd be very interested in getting Trans Gold on my custom.

Me too and I'd certainly be willing to pay an extra fee for the extra polishing needed to get a 'shiny' gold if it were offered.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will take a look at what is needed to easily polish the parts so that the clear colors are easier to make come out nice. No ETA though on when that will be though.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I probably am post-resurrecting, but please can you add trans gold? I would be so pleased am my upcoming MHS saber would look so much better than the boring sun gold.

Breathing a bit more life into this to see if there's an update on how soon we can possibly get our mitts on some Translucent Gold PC.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Any word on the brilliant brass?

I'm ordering today and I'm considering powder coat if I can get a good enough brass match or close color that compliments it.
    I would PM Tim as read but ...I'm not aloud to PM yet.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 10-23-2009 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post

I'm ordering today and I'm considering powder coat if I can get a good enough brass match or close color that compliments it.
    you can email him through the store contact. but I dont think hes doing the trans metal colors yet

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post

As SLF stated, an email would be much better.
    Tim logs on to the forums relatively rarely, and usually only just makes a couple posts in the shoutbox.
    A PM to him may actually not get answered at all, but an email will be answered very promptly, and I can attest to that.

I certainly hope he does start offering Brilliant Brass, or Translucent Gold. That would make my saber complete!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Considering that powder coating works only on metal surfaces, it is ironic but sadly true that "metallic" colors just don't look truly metallic. "Patented Ultimate Chrome," for example, is pretty good as metallic powders go, but it doesn't hold a candle to real chrome. The transparents can be better, but they are only as good as the metal surface they cover. They will show any imperfections, and the less shiny the metal surface is, the less shiny the final coated item will be. Powder coating is great, and I've used it on all but my very first saber, but when it comes to metal, there's no substitute for the real thing.
    There's always a bigger fish.