Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have any sabers they want to sell?

Which is pretty much what I was recommending.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    ...So, I say, stay a while READ a lot learn, then build an awesome saber to wow us all with and maybe earn a place in the BMF club

Peace

i think this is the truest statement possible. you guys really have no idea how long ive been hanging around here learning as much as possible before i signed up the other day

hey man, If you want to buy prebuilts head over to FX-sabers.com forums and ask there, people will point you in the right direction.

As for the hostility, well this forum retains it's positive momentum by everyone being on the same page, it's very specialized on the products tim sells and the projects undertaken by his customers. Anyone who comes in here and asks to buy or sell stuff, or who asks irritatingly vague questions like "how I build saber" gets the same response, which equates to "lurk moar noob" it's harsh, but it's like shock therepy, sure it's bewildering and painful to the new comer, but they'll never make that mistake again.

find out where your buddies got theirs from. and if they built theirs than getting one of them to open theirs up will show you alot. otherwise got with a Master Replica or PVC off of ebay

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ideal View Post
    i think this is the truest statement possible. you guys really have no idea how long ive been hanging around here learning as much as possible before i signed up the other day
    No, we do know because your first thread was thought out well and demonstrated that you were simply not being lazy but instead asking a less obvious question!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Maybe if you guys stop making the noobs feel unwelcome there would be less hostility.

You dont have to jump at the guy and kick his ass for asking a damn question. See this is part of the reason, why I dont post as much on the forums anymore. No offense towards Tim or any old friends on here, but some of you are noobs as well and think you have all the authority to say whats right and wrong. I remember, when I first joined up back in 06, I asked the dumbest questions and was flamed. I deserved it. mmafighter, doesnt!

And DevilGuy, I agree that the hostility will make them never make that mistake again, however one problem I am having is that this is the same hostility that will lose newer people to this hobby and make them have a bitter attitude towards us.

So guys, if a noob asks a question once, kindly answer him in a gentlemanly manner, not an immature, and hostile way. If he asks stupid questions constantly, then bash him or her.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a View Post
    Maybe if you guys stop making the noobs feel unwelcome there would be less hostility.

You dont have to jump at the guy and kick his ass for asking a damn question. See this is part of the reason, why I dont post as much on the forums anymore. No offense towards Tim or any old friends on here, but some of you are noobs as well and think you have all the authority to say whats right and wrong. I remember, when I first joined up back in 06, I asked the dumbest questions and was flamed. I deserved it. mmafighter, doesnt!

And DevilGuy, I agree that the hostility will make them never make that mistake again, however one problem I am having is that this is the same hostility that will lose newer people to this hobby and make them have a bitter attitude towards us.

So guys, if a noob asks a question once, kindly answer him in a gentlemanly manner, not an immature, and hostile way. If he asks stupid questions constantly, then bash him or her.
    A very well thought out post and something everyone should take to heart! I think that this guy got flamed less for what he wanted to know than for how he said it. Simply saying "I'm lazy so spoon feed me" will not garner a positive response in any scenario in life. He seems to have figured it out and I'm sure that he will get whatever help he needs.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Ah you know what screw it!

I am getting tired of helping people.....
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 11-14-2008 at 03:43 AM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I can kind of understand both sides of the coin. True, folks new to this hobby should do some legwork and at least make some attempt understand the basics before asking the usual "how do I build saborz" questions (and in this case, the "can I buy one" was a bit uncalled for), but at the same time I've seen questions asked that are perfectly sound, and the poster still gets balled out.

It's for that reason that, aside from me not owning any electronic components yet, I haven't asked any questions on wiring or sound. I've been to all of the FAQ threads, gone through the index multiple times, and try to read as much as humanly possible, but that doesn't mean I understand it. When I finally get my hands on the parts I need, I'm being honest when I say I dread asking the questions I know I'll need to ask.
    "The sleeper must awaken."

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I agree with countdown..

If someone posts something that irritates you either walk away or just post a quick link to the info/newb threads.

You guys are great and always have my back but it does get out of control sometimes.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop