Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Next project... "V2"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Next project... "V2"

It's called V2 for a few reasons:

- The end result will look more like a the proper "Luke ROTJ V2"... not entirely, but more than the last one...
    http://www.lightsaberarchives.org/do...lightsaber.jpg

- It will have a CF v2

- It's the redesign of an OB1 ROTS saber that I bought recently - "second version", if you will...

A few things that I plan on doing differently:

- I have a ton of surface mount (SMD) LEDs left over from Mongrel. I've been looking for a way to incorporate them without using a clamp or box. I think I have a way, but I'll test the theory before I prove to you that I'm not above falling flat on my @$$.

- Back to the basics with switches. Mini Tactile push-buttons are great from a design perspective, but now that they've had a few months of wear, they're starting to give out. I have joe-average slider and momentary this time.

- Inner tube. Just PVC... not the party tube. For my uses, the loose guts wrapped in protective plastic are fine and dandy, but that offers no stability. I'm using... okay, PLAN on using some PVC inserts to hold everything in place. Again, should be interesting.

- RGB. This one.... might be the death of me.... I have a back-up just in case. But since I have my Rebel rgb is mounted and I have a good switch - why not try it? I liked the color mix and -to me- the test with the 10 deg collimator wasn't all that bad.

Parts:

Mock up:

eastern57

just wouldent look right without a clamp.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I "sort of agree". I looked for a graflex clamp... and I was seriously considering adding one. But honestly, I like the way this feels - with no clamp. The clamp on Mongrel gets in the way... skews the grip. Plus, it's not going to be a replica, just modifications.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default V2 Progress pics

okay there's been SOME progress, and SOME regress...

I had a nice start to the weathering, but the blade holder and choke ran into some issues -each other- and couldn't be separated. Waiting on the new ones - and then I'll try to match them... I really don't want to have to start over, but I'm not putting it out of mind.

The electronics are coming along:

I ditched the SMDs, RGB and bubble strip... for a more singular, traditional theme. I still had 5 aqua 5mm LEDs left over, so I rigged up a bargraph and window - a fair tribute to Erv's Telum Infensus. I found some reflective, translucent film from an old camera touch screen. and wrapped that around the PVC.

I also have a cyan bin1 left over... so, hey, guess where he's going!

pics:

CF v2, with bar graph, Aux button, and PVC shade

In-hilt

Activation - Slide switch. I tried to make it "hidden" in the black... okay, didn't work...

Slide switch on-hilt in relation to the window and aux button. More or less, configured for a righty...

Thats all for now... I'll try to get it fired up soon... but it's still headless...

eastern57

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Activation - Slide switch. I tried to make it "hidden" in the black... okay, didn't work...
    You can cut the top of the switch (which will not damage the function of it) and make it more recessed.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    You can cut the top of the switch (which will not damage the function of it) and make it more recessed.
    I think for now I'll keep it sticking out - it gives me something to grab on to when I thread it through... and I might have to break it down a few more times before I get it right. But I know exactly what you mean, it will get annoying later on.

------------------------

Okay, here's another update...

I have a "Rough draft" of the electronics. I'm pretty sure I got what I want, I just have to fine tune it... and double check connections.... and insulate them... et cetera, yawn...

I loaded up:
    - Novastar
    - EP V
    - Heirloom
    - Elemental H2O

dagan pot - too loud... can't reach....dang it... bar graph window looks cool. Please ignore the retardedly long hilt... it's only temporary.

Direct link:
    http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=MOV03861.flv

Cool

Sweet eastern! How retardedly long is it? LOL

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's longer than Mongrel... so probably somewhere around 13.5"

Whoops, Infurous is going to be 14.5" when finished LOL

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    It's longer than Mongrel... so probably somewhere around 13.5"
    That's not a bad length. Enigma is 13" long.

I like the location of the slider switch. Good idea. Like Novastar said, you can file the slider down to be more flush. It would also look better if you painted the screw heads black.

I really like the window with the bargraph! I'll have to try that some day.