Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ever have a MR S/B fry?

hear that do-clo. guess we will takem to the local body shop to have them painted. thanx for the advice firebird its a big help.

is this the same paints we would use if it were matte finish? say, using a matte paint, and then using a cleargloss coat over that?

hopefully do-clo can help you on your prob. he really knows his stuff in electronics. if its electrical, he should know something that will solve this.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Firebird try pressing in on the battery pack and see it the problems goes away, if it does then the problem is in the battery pack or the contacts between the battery pack and the sound board. A small rubber washer like a sink drain washer or even an rubber o ring might just do the job.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Black is the cheapest color too, some paint systems have "Ready to spray" black, so it shouldn't cost too much to paint it.

If you wanted to, you could prep it yourself and bring it to the shop so they can paint it for you. Just follow the BOP tutorial and stop at the painting process. Sand, etch prime, and finnish at the fill primer. Sand that with some 400Grit paper, keep it clean and bring it to the shop ready to spray.

Some filler primer is Self-Etching, that will eliminate one step for you.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

Firebird try pressing in on the battery pack and see it the problems goes away...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That does nothing...

But something interesting, if I position the batt. pack just right so it cuts off the lead to the speaker, the light gets bright again...

Edit:
    And I thought I had it fixed once...
    Every time I tapped the plug for the Light it would act up... It wasn't fully connected.
    So I go to put it back together, test it, and it acts up again!
    This was before posting.

Edit #2:
    I just tested it again, when it's acting up, and I cut off the speaker, the light works fine.

FAQ

It definately sounds like your problem is in the connections between the battery pack and the sound board. Do you have a voltmeter?, if so remove the battery pack and press on the batteries and pack while measuring the voltage, this might require an extra hand so you might want to draft some help. If the voltage remains the same without changing then the problem lies inside the saber which could be a loose wire or maybe the plug that connects from the sound board and the contacts pins is loose. If the problem lies in the battery pack you can remove the three philps screws on top of the battery pack and look for a pinched wire or for a loose wire.

Do-Clo

I MAY have fixed it...

While I was testing it, the wire came off of the switch, I soldered it back on and it appears to be working fine, AT THE MOMENT...

I'll attepmt to put it back together and let you know the outcome...

Edit:
    All back together, some light dueling taps, and to problem YET...
    Knock on wood.

I HATE borrowing things! lol

FAQ

I figured a loose wire but sometimes finding it can be a real pain in the south end. It is very fustrating trying to trouble shot something that you can't see(lol) but I don't mind helping when I can.

Do-Clo

as i thought too. that lil wire is pretty small and can snap off easily if not handled very carefully when tearing it apart and reassembly. on my vader mr i cut the wires about a 1.4 inch from the switch. and then just resoldered the wires together. made it easier than tryin to resolder to switch contacts. and possibly burning up switch while resoldering connections. worked just fine on mine.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

I figured a loose wire but sometimes finding it can be a real pain in the south end. It is very fustrating trying to trouble shot something that you can't see(lol) but I don't mind helping when I can.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thank you very much...

At the very least you helped me keep my cool. I was about to throw something!

I still don't know 100% for sue if it's fixed, so I may still need your help.

FAQ

it sounds like to me, the wire was broken, only held on by the plastic sheathing. and was intermittingly making contact.

keep playin round with it and see how it works.

and also, did ya catch that added question about goin for the matte with a clearcoat gloss sealer on the boxes? what paint types that would be if we went with matte finish. also i just looked up about powder coating. a black powder coating on these would be cool too. i know a plac ein tulsa, its a biker shop place, and they do powder coating. do you think that would be an option to go with