Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever have a MR S/B fry?

Default Ever have a MR S/B fry?

Well I have one here that I think is...

It keeps making the sound that it wants to power up, the light goes dim, and when it happens it just keeps getting faster and faster...

Then if you hit it just right it will work fine until you hit it wrong again.

It had fresh batteries, cuz that was my first thought.

Please help!!!

Edit: All fixed!!! I hope...

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ

recheck your wiring, sounds like a short someplace. also have a question for you. i would email you but theres no link to it. so here goes: do-clo and myself are getting new boxes for vader belt setups. the ones we are getting are unpainted aluminum cast boxes. they have a screw on backplate. now then, the question, what procedure and paint(black) would you reccomend to use for painting these boxes? do-clo said we might want to use a clearcoat on them as well to help the finish from flakin and crackin/peelin. would we need to sand the boxes rough, prime with what paint? and then apint them with a good gloss black auto paint? and then use the clearcoat sealer, and what type clearcoat would you reccommend?

do-clo said you'd be the gut to ask this question to. so there it is.

any help on this we would both be appreciative of. thanks,

Lan-Ed-Tul

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I pulled it apart and couldn't find any loose or chafed wires.

FAQ

maybe do-clo could help out with that. i'll alert him to your dilema and hopefully you can answer ours to.

Do you want a glossy finnish, or Matte (flat)?

FAQ

i think we both want gloss, ill have to ask do-clo. if thats what he wants. and i asked him about your dilema too. hopefully he will get back soon. hes the electronic wiz and if its electrical, he might know the answer. also you didnt say if it was a scratch built or a mr converted saber. the only thing i can think of if its not a short, is may the pins arent connecting good when you insert the batt/speaker module. maybe try pushing in slightly on speaker to make sure the pins are contacting good, run thru power on and down, see if that might be it, if so, then a simple fix of a piece of craft foam, with sticky back from wally world cut a ring of it to fit under end cap. thats of course, if this is the prob.

It's a converted Anakin MRFX

FAQ

Firebird is this a converted MR saber or is it a homebuilt saber with a MR sound board?

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

Firebird is this a converted MR saber or is it a homebuilt saber with a MR sound board?

Don't make me destroy you...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

he answered it right before your post do-clo. a mrfx anakin
    Do-Clo

If you can get your hands on Dupont’s Emron Single Stage paint you should be golden. That stuff is known for its durability, but no one uses it anymore because of V.O.C. B/S and most body shops use a Base/Clear system (so they can blend the color).

The next best thing is any name brand BC/CC. Dupont, Glaserit (sp?), Sherwin Williams, are some of the top brands commonly found at your local body shop, so you could also find them at a local paint supplier. If you add some “Flex Agent” to the clear, it will help resist chipping.

My advice to you would be to get them done at your local body shop. They have the equipment and expertise to get it done right. And you can’t get this paint in the small quantities you’re going to need. You’ll have to buy at least a quart of clear, pint of activator, reducer, when you’ll only need a couple of ounces worth. So in the long run you’ll spend less to pay a body shop to do it for you, the BEST way.

Or you could take your chances with a spray-can version of a B/C C/C system, like Duplicolor or Plasticoat, but they won’t resist chipping as well, and generaly don't have as much gloss.

FAQ