Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy - XBOX / PC

Default Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy - XBOX / PC

Probably REALLY old news for some of you, but do any of you guys play this game? I think it might be the best SW lightsaber game out to date, and its an oldie too. I picked mine up at GameStop for $17.

I actually like the game play better than the KOTOR games. It can be either 1st, or 3rd person. It plays like Tomb Raider in 3rd, and Battlefront in 1st. The thing that I like most about it is the control of the saber. It absolutely kills KOTOR, and ROTS, imo. Also, its LIVE/ONLINE enabled.

Not to mention the combos of all of the different styles/colors of sabers, and fighting stances. I think its probably the most under-rated SW game ever. The only bad thing about it are the maps, they can look blocky and such, but hey, its an old game.

If you want a good lightsaber game, this is the one. There is also Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast, but I like Academy better for some reason.

Oh, easily the best Star Wars game out there!! Close tie between that and Revenge of The Sith, also on X-Box.

I love the customization aspect of the characters, and picking your lightsaber hilt/color is King!!

To save money, I'll typically trade my games in, seeing as how I'll beat them in ridiculous times, but that Jedi Academy is staying on my shelf. Trust, and believe.

You don't need to see any identification.

Yeah, I think I need to mod my box to save the game. Either that, or have someone make me some back-ups. I had a hell of a time finding the game used (which is the only way to get it now it seems).

i have that academy game on pc. beat it 3 times over. also got kotor 1 and 2. beat 1 and still playin 2. with all the darth vader and saber buildin ive been doin havent played kotor 2 in awhile. i like all 3 games. theyre great.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I acccidentally stumbled upon a used copy of the game for PC, packaged with the instruction manual. Apparently, no one was buying it with the manual, so the price had dropped to $7.99. It was funny; I stood there looking back and forth between the regular used game, which was priced at $21.99, and the same thing, but shrinkwrapped with a manual, for $7.99.

Now I've gotten to the point on it where I can just look at an enemy's stance and instinctively know which move to use.
    I had to jack it up to Jedi Master mode so I didn't just end up like a God.

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Finally! I've been blown away by the number of people who don't know about this game. I've bought and traded many games, but this one has a permanent slot on the shelf. I wish they'd make a sequel. Better yet, I wish they'd use a similar approach in gameplay for the next KOTOR game and shelf that turn based crapola. I've played through each KOTOR game twice, but I still pull out Academy, from time to time. Played it a zillion times. I have outcast but like Academy better, too. Though, I do like Kyle better than Jaden.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Finally! I've been blown away by the number of people who don't know about this game. I've bought and traded many games, but this one has a permanent slot on the shelf. I wish they'd make a sequel. Better yet, I wish they'd use a similar approach in gameplay for the next KOTOR game. I've played through each KOTOR game twice, but I still pull out Academy, from time to time. I have outcast but like Academy better, too. Though, I do like Kyle better than Jaden.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeppers. Kyle, easily. I like the whole self-actualization thing he's got going. But, there's something to be said when your classmates at the "Academy" ask how you got your invite, and you coolly reply, "Oh, I just up and built one of these..."

Too crucial.

You don't need to see any identification.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Finally! I've been blown away by the number of people who don't know about this game.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thats why I made this thread... Well, sorta...

I was talking to my cousin about how great this game is, and he says that he hates it, and everyone that he knows hates it. And I was thinking to myself 'WTF... How is that even possible...?'

EDIT-

BTW, the best Xbox cheat is DLUDRU while holding the right thumb. Its the 'change saber' cheat. You can do it as many times as you want, until you end up with the saber(s) that you want.

Oh, yeah, the choking thing makes the whole game worth it. I feel like vader everytime I use that. The choke and throw em' off a building method is the best.

thats actually my favorite lightsaber game also. I was rather dissapointed at the gameplay in KOTOR. It would have been a better game if it had some of the jedi academy gameplay features. i still play jedi academy to this day. i never see anyone online though. i hope they make another Jedi Knight game soon.

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally